Mathew Bate - Third forward option?

Remove this Banner Ad

Apr 14, 2007
Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
RedSox
I thought we really missed a 3rd marking half forward type this year. Cloke and Dawes did there bit but Krak, Blair, Sidey and Didak just were not the half forwards leading up and helping out.
Caffer did it 2010 and could not produce in 2011.
Mathew Bate could be an option, obviously not worth the kitchen sink but I really think we need another lead up mid sized half forward to get the mix right in the forward line.
Worth a real hard look IMO.

Re: Bate

I thought we really missed a 3rd marking half forward type this year. Cloke and Dawes did there bit but Krak, Blair, Sidey and Didak just were not the half forwards leading up and helping out.
Caffer did it 2010 and could not produce in 2011.
Mathew Bate could be an option, obviously not worth the kitchen sink but I really think we need another lead up mid sized half forward to get the mix right in the forward line.
Worth a real hard look IMO.

Stick with the Caff

hes certainly got the talent, more talent than simon buckley and look what we did with him this season... okay granted it wasnt a hell of a lot, but you get my point

at the right price, assuming macaffer left, go for it

Melbourne are keeping him - Apparently they'd been requesting a first round pick for him, and while that's unrealistic, it means that they probably wouldn't take our late second round pick for him, even if we were interested.

As has been said though, go with Caff or try Young in the role - We don't need to bring in another player.

There were several reasons...

He dropped balls when he was supposed to catch them..
He kicked badly when a better kick was required..
He didn't use enough vigor when he was going for loose balls..
He didn't pick up the ball when he was designated as the player to pick up the ball..

There were another 142 reasons that were outlined but these are the major ones..

There were several reasons...

He dropped balls when he was supposed to catch them..
He kicked badly when a better kick was required..
He didn't use enough vigor when he was going for loose balls..
He didn't pick up the ball when he was designated as the player to pick up the ball..

There were another 142 reasons that were outlined but these are the major ones..

So he is similar player to S. Buckley.

Melb rejected pick 39 for him (approx). So we have no chance of getting him for anything reasonable and i wouldnt want him anyway his a spud

Remove this Banner Ad

Back