Mathias Cormann, don't let the door slam on your way out.

Remove this Banner Ad

Last day today, his only legacy in politics will be as the finance minister who couldn't add up to forty three. He'll be about as missed as a dose of the clap
I've never much liked him, but he's always come across as a pretty widely respected operator amongst his colleagues. Penny Wong in particular always spoke fairly highly of him. It will be interesting to see how smoothly the Senate runs without him there to strike deals on government legislation.

Word around the traps is that he will be nominating for General Secretary of the OECD.

I don’t think the ALP would be that petty. They know Turnbull got strong-armed into rejecting Rudd by Morrison and Dutton, and given they’re in opposition their objections would probably be pretty ineffectual anyway.

Besides, I don’t think any politicians want to see the post-politics gravy train disrupted by partisan tit-for-tat.

Surely given how much we’ve dropped in the OECD rankings during his time from right up top to to near the bottom while he has been finance minister as well as the fact he’s a brain dead moron they’ll pull the don’t call us, we’ll call you line and that will be the end of it.

Besides, I don’t think any politicians want to see the post-politics gravy train disrupted by partisan tit-for-tat.

Again, when it benefits the LNP...fake non-partisan hat.

Remember what Abbott and co sacked Bracks after 6 months to install Minchin?
Remember when the LNP installed 6 new ambassadors just before the last election, contrary to advice?

It's not partisan tit-for-tat because ONLY the LNP engages in that kind of BS.

Again, when it benefits the LNP...fake non-partisan hat.

Remember what Abbott and co sacked Bracks after 6 months to install Minchin?
Remember when the LNP installed 6 new ambassadors just before the last election, contrary to advice?

It's not partisan tit-for-tat because ONLY the LNP engages in that kind of BS.
I don’t really recall the Bracks issue.

The appointments last year were a joke, but it was common knowledge that Shorten was going to can the appointments if elected.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don’t really recall the Bracks issue.

The appointments last year were a joke, but it was common knowledge that Shorten was going to can the appointments if elected.

Of course you don't recall the Bracks issue, it was the LNP being petty.

A bit rich to say 'please don't recall the people we appointed' after using any opportunity to recall anyone that Labor appointed. Don't you think?

Of course you don't recall the Bracks issue, it was the LNP being petty.

A bit rich to say 'please don't recall the people we appointed' after using any opportunity to recall anyone that Labor appointed. Don't you think?
I don’t think the Coalition would have had any grounds for complaint if those appointments had been recalled in the event of a Labor win.

I don’t think the Coalition would have had any grounds for complaint if those appointments had been recalled in the event of a Labor win.

You don't think....wow.
They're petty when they appoint them just before an election and they're petty when they remove them just after getting elected.

Just can't bring yourself to criticise the LNP can you.

So this useless campaigner thinks the world needs a clean green future, that's some Damascene conversion from the policies that he pushed in government here.

Is this the IPA version of "gay for the stay"? Fake being a Greenie for your term, and then go back to fondling chunks of coal

Is this the IPA version of "gay for the stay"? Fake being a Greenie for your term, and then go back to fondling chunks of coal
All it does is underlines how out of step this government is with the rest of the world. One of it's most senior members is forced to repudiate it's policy positions so as to appear acceptable to the rest of the world.

All it does is underlines how out of step this government is with the rest of the world. One of it's most senior members is forced to repudiate it's policy positions so as to appear acceptable to the rest of the world.

Although currently we are calling it a prison, its probably better to describe Australia as one big mining camp where the company dictates every minute detail of your life.

So this useless campaigner thinks the world needs a clean green future, that's some Damascene conversion from the policies that he pushed in government here.
Kormann was sucking for his supper while he was under Abbott

Remove this Banner Ad

Back