Player Watch Matt Crouch - Re-Signed to End of 2025

Remove this Banner Ad

I swear that these Crouch boys could become the Gowans brothers. Going each other on the field to push themsleves harder.

Round 23 2014.
Yep, against the Saints. When the selectors were dicks and made BOB the sub, even though we were out of the Finals race and their parents had flown down to Adelaide to see their boys play together for the first time as Crows. Didn't end up happening until the 4th quarter. They have literally only played like 25 minutes on the ground together.

Yep, against the Saints. When the selectors were dicks and made BOB the sub, even though we were out of the Finals race and their parents had flown down to Adelaide to see their boys play together for the first time as Crows. Didn't end up happening until the 4th quarter. They have literally only played like 25 minutes on the ground together.

They have played together in the SANFL since and the crows players in the crowd were vastly amused at the number of times the pair of them would pass just back and forth with each other. :D

I can't press like for this. Agree 100%. The selectors were totally out of touch with the young players and the supporters.

One of the worst decisions in Sandos time. The club banged on about everyone getting to the game to see the brothers play together for the first time, and he was sub.
He should have been sacked on that decision alone.

One of the worst decisions in Sandos time. The club banged on about everyone getting to the game to see the brothers play together for the first time, and he was sub.
He should have been sacked on that decision alone.

Come on now, Luke Thompson on Ziebell had just happened the week before. Give Sanderson some more credit on his terrible decisions.

Why "lol"?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Best ball magnet in the AFL
I've been excited about Matt Crouch since before we drafted him.
I remember salivating over his 28 disposals in three quarters against GWS on debut.
This season he looks leaner and fitter and looks to have more time with ball in hand.
He really looks set for a break out season as our clearance beast. We just need his brother back out there with him for the next decade instead of in the medical rooms.

I don't get why anyone doesn't see the potential greatness in this guy. Genuinely tough, doesn't like to lose - puts the team first. Love what he has done in the early early days of his AFL career. It's kinda unfair that Brad gets all the accolades based on pure potential and Matt gets judged on actual performance. Is a very different player to his brother, but a very important cog for us over the next 5 years.

Got to be honest, have not seen anything we did not see last year.

Difference is he has had more minutes as THE man in the middle. Has always been a great accumulator.

The next part I want to see is him do some damage distributing the ball. Once he gets that done with more consistency he has arrived.

Good thread, but probably a bit too early IMO.

BTW anyone still pining for Bernie?

Got to be honest, have not seen anything we did not see last year.

Difference is he has had more minutes as THE man in the middle. Has always been a great accumulator.

The next part I want to see is him do some damage distributing the ball. Once he gets that done with more consistency he has arrived.

Good thread, but probably a bit too early IMO.

BTW anyone still pining for Bernie?
Still love Bernie and wish he was here but you can't argue it was a good deal for both clubs.

We got a young player which was much needed after our draft sanctions and Dees got experienced player who is great to have around their young players.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back