Player Watch Matt Crouch - Re-Signed to End of 2025

Remove this Banner Ad

giphy.gif

Does Matt Crouch here actually 'bail' on driving SPP into the dirt to stop a dangerous tackle?
Rag dolled Port's Super human :eek:

Nah he knew he had SSP cold for holding the ball.

giphy.gif

Does Matt Crouch here actually 'bail' on driving SPP into the dirt to stop a dangerous tackle?

That's actually a good example of what should be happening. Because by what Danger and Grundy did, they took that player out of the play but they also took themselves out. What Matt did there meant he was able to then get involved in the next bit of play instead of being locked up in a tackle on the ground.

That's actually a good example of what should be happening. Because by what Danger and Grundy did, they took that player out of the play but they also took themselves out. What Matt did there meant he was able to then get involved in the next bit of play instead of being locked up in a tackle on the ground.
Yep, just needs the umpires to come to the party now and pay a holding the ball consistently in that situation.

Yep, just needs the umpires to come to the party now and pay a holding the ball consistently in that situation.

Meaning the AFL needs to re-instruct the umpires to umpire back to what the rule should be interpreted as and stop this desire to have the game flow in spite of players dropping the ball illegally because of the AFL not wanting either a stoppage or a free to be paid.

Meaning the AFL needs to re-instruct the umpires to umpire back to what the rule should be interpreted as and stop this desire to have the game flow in spite of players dropping the ball illegally because of the AFL not wanting either a stoppage or a free to be paid.
Its about Reward Training. If you reward the good tackles then more good tackles will be attempted. If you neither reward or punish the bad tackles you get the last 2 weeks

That he didn't get a HTB is disgraceful. Mattt treated him with complete contempt.

A real, "Go off and learn how to play football, rookie" move.
The way the commentators talked about it, doesn't sound like the umpires consider it a "tackle" because Matt didn't "complete" it, as in he didn't go to ground with him holding on. So it's just SPP losing the ball from hitting the ground, not because of the tackle itself.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The way the commentators talked about it, doesn't sound like the umpires consider it a "tackle" because Matt didn't "complete" it, as in he didn't go to ground with him holding on. So it's just SPP losing the ball from hitting the ground, not because of the tackle itself.

Sure, but SPP didn't legally dispose of it when he fell to the ground. He just dropped the ball.

Not being tackled still doesn't mean you can just let the ball fall to the ground after taking on a tackler.

We've been waiting for the bursts of speed, finally look like it's back. His improvement since the bye has been great to see.

We have, and starting to see it also. Honestly, i think we've (collectively) underrated him a bit this year. The contested possession pantsing we got from Collingwood was part lack of intensity for sure, but also a pretty good indicator of how much difference he's made in there.

Our Stat sheets are starting to look a bit like the gun Brisbane sides of the early 2000's now, with our main 4 or 5 mids regularly racking up 8-9 or more tackles a game.

Rubbish footballer with very minimal talent......

Sorry, is this the Jarman Impey thread ??

Mrouch would have to be the BnF frontrunner. Hasn't really had a bad week.

I agree, I think his consistency will give him a real crack at the yellow jacket

Biggest problen in future years will be his brother taking votes off him ;-)
Amusingly on the footy app I have, when they list the player names they have the number as well, but Brad doesn't. He is just listed as Crouch (doesn't even get the B.). So if there is the same problem with the AFL system, then maybe all of Brad's votes will go to Matt? ;) Could be the first player to get 5 votes.

I think it's fair to say everyone has been impressed by this seasons form from Matt Crouch. Long thought of as Brad's little brother, Matt has turned himself into more then just a handy footballer this season, but Adelaide's, and indeed one of the entire AFL's most consistent midfielder's.

Out of interest I looked up the 'Most Possessions for an AFL season' stat and found that our mate Matt is very well placed to make his way deep into the history books this season (especially now Tom Mitchell and his Hawks will not be playing finals).

Currently averaging 32.21 disposals per game (with a tidy sum of 612 disposals from his 19 games), therefore using that current average Matt is on track to hit 708 disposals by seasons end (FYI, this entire post is based on him maintaining his average, so if you're gonna play the "ehhhh, but he might not keep getting his average" card, then tell your story walking).

If as expected the Crows finish with the double chance he will be guaranteed 2 more games pushing him to 773 disposals in a season, good for #4 all time for disposals in an AFL season.

Depending on the outcome of those 2 game's Adelaide may need to play 0, 1, or 2 more finals in 2017, therefore Matt's predicted end of season disposal count could very well climb to;

0 = 773 (#4 all time)
1 = 805 (#2 all time)
2 = 838 (#1 all time, by a lazy 18 disposals, suck it Dane Swan)

Just 1 more reason I hope the Crows make it all the way through (like I needed another one), and this often underrated player can carve out a nice bit of history for himself.

GO FOR IT MATTY CROUCH!!
4d728850-009d-0133-4536-0a2ca390b447.gif

I remember wandering down to training when we'd picked him up and everyone said he couldn't kick.

I said two things: his kicking is fine, and he's a ball magnet.

The numbers of times i heard people yelling "Crouchy!" to get his attention so he'd kick it to them was phenomenal.

Love that guy.

I remember wandering down to training when we'd picked him up and everyone said he couldn't kick.

I said two things: his kicking is fine, and he's a ball magnet.

The numbers of times i heard people yelling "Crouchy!" to get his attention so he'd kick it to them was phenomenal.

Love that guy.
Um, there are two "Crouchy's"...

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Remove this Banner Ad

Back