Player Watch Matt Crouch - Re-Signed to End of 2025

Betts are off

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 28, 2016
AFL Club
Adelaide
I would be inclined to give it a rest re: rabbit if he just went into hiding on this topic, but his tactic now is to shift the goalposts.

Now he is only capable of hitting short targets. There will be no award that will prove he is a good player as they all lack credibility etc. etc.
Until the Rabbit mutters the words, "You were right, I was wrong" there shall be no pardon!

Betts are off

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 28, 2016
AFL Club
Adelaide
But.....But......But......

Be very interested to hear NTRabbit take on this......or why the actual guys that play against Matt are such bad judges??
I imagine in the mind of NTRabbit, when it comes to the perception of Matt Crouch, his thought process goes something like;

AFC Recruiters for selecting him: Idiots
AFC Coaches for playing him: Idiots
AFC Fans for liking him: Idiots
AA Committee for selecting him: Idiots
AFLPA for respecting him above all but 6 other players in 2017: Idiots
AFL Umps for Brownlow selection: 4th in Brownlow odd's would leave me to believe they're Idiots
Sportsbet.com.au: Idiots for the above
AFC B&F Selection Committee: Haven't awarded him yet either, but considering he's the favorite they are certainly gonna end up Idiots
NTRabbit: Smart

rocket18

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 9, 2009
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Goody Saints
I think 2009 was worse given the number of high draft picks Port had that year.

Pick 8: John Butcher
Pick 9: Andrew Moore
Pick 16: Jasper McMillan-Pittard

Can remember thinking that Port had set themselves very well for the next decade with those three first round picks. Butcher had been talked about as a top 2 pick for much of the year, and touted as a potential Tredrea replacement after his first few games. Thank goodness they weren't able to teach him how to kick.

Never really had a strong association with Matt Crouch and Impey because I couldn't really recall the latter being talked about much that year. Getting Polec that year was considered the major "win" for Port and probably overshadowed things. Outside run and pace was still an issue for us, and was more interested to see how Billy Hartung would go as he was drafted immediately after Crouch. Very glad we went with the natural footballer over the athlete.

Slightly off topic but for the laughs you should add
Pick 20: Nathan Fyfe

Three picks from Port before Fyfe was taken, ahhhhh what might have been.

All they have left from those picks is Shittard LOL.

Betts are off

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 28, 2016
AFL Club
Adelaide
xM35K.gif

Sep 17, 2010
Waverley Park
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Dragons FFC
NTRabbit

Watch this and then go take a long hard look in the mirror.

We're so lucky Matt was as interested in cricket growing up and never did a PS. He has this little burst of pace out of packs this year that he didn't have before that gets him to loose balls just that little bit quicker. A bit of training and he's a star. If he'd been more into footy as a 16-17yo he'd have been a top 10 pick.

Back