Player Watch Matt Crouch - Re-Signed to End of 2025

Remove this Banner Ad

Trading Vince and drafting Mrouch has been one of the best tough calls made by the club ever.
I remember being gutted when we traded off Vince. He was one of the few who had natural mongrel and cheek about him.

MCrouch is definitely a better upgrade on Vince with much more consistency. Already one of the best inside mids going around, but I think Matt can lift an extra notch still! The next 50 might be his best batch of games yet!

Loved Bernie but to trade him so we could draft this guy was a brilliant decision. He will captain the afc one day

I love this guy........in a purely platonic non physical way of course.......ahem!!..... I think his improvement year by year up to 2017 was incredible. There were games in the latter part of that season where even his disposal by foot was becoming elite. His inside game was as good as I have seen. We nearly went all the way on the back of Matty’s clearance work. Sadly I think his exploits have been forgotten a little since then.
His return to the 22 for the Melbourne game has made a big difference to our midfield. It just looks far more imposing with Mrouch in the middle. His bro appreciates him being there I think as do all of his supporters.

Well done Matty on your century. And a top quality dig it was..........more of the same please:),

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Feel like its been rarer to hear this from AFC players than some other clubs over the years. Love your work Matt.

“I love this club and it’s been a great journey so far.“Hopefully I can build on it and play another hundred.”
Lever said something similar, then money came calling and he done a dash for cash. $850K per year for a 22 year old, who could blame him (stupid Melbourne for paying someone so young who yet to an established star of the AFL so much money).

Lever said something similar, then money came calling and he done a dash for cash. $850K per year for a 22 year old, who could blame him (stupid Melbourne for paying someone so young who yet to an established star of the AFL so much money).

Fair point, and fully realise just words. Geniune in some cases though, and the more often you hear it the better the chances so keep 'em coming.

Has real class with the ball now. Kicking will never be elite but it is good enough.

Yeah, there's nothing wrong with his kicking. Sometimes it looks s**t because he wins the ball deep in the contest and has no alternative but to hack it forward, but whenever he actually has time he does a good job. Certainly not one of the players I associate with the occasional brainfade kick.

Real SA lad now, not heading home to Ballarat for the mid season break, instead heading up to the Clare Valley with several other Crows players and their partners for some well earned rest and relaxation....no doubt a couple of the Clare Valley's best wines will be imbibed.

Fair point, and fully realise just words. Geniune in some cases though, and the more often you hear it the better the chances so keep 'em coming.

To be fair, had we paid Lever what he wanted (both times we had a chance too), we'd have kept Lever.

We just rightly had no interest in doing that.

Not with that Rsole Brian Taylor continually in Jake and his family's ears....no way.

What was it, he wanted 650k at the start of the year? 850k when Melbourne had him?

No doubt he did everything in his power to price himself out of here, but it's not like we didn't have a choice with this one because we had the money, and paid a good amount of it to McGovern. We just picked the right option which was to let him go to Melbourne.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back