Recommitted Matt Crouch [OOC 2023]

Remove this Banner Ad

Contracted for next year, so not sure if Adelaide are trying to facilitate a trade this year?

We won't get stuff all for him now we've shown our hand. Would've expected a mid to late second if a club wanted him, now likely a token pick or FA in 12 months.

Mate, he's not getting a game in a bottom 4 side, there was no situation where you'd get a 2nd for him. Contract status only matters if the player is valued of which even before this news he was clearly not valued.

Mate, he's not getting a game in a bottom 4 side, there was no situation where you'd get a 2nd for him. Contract status only matters if the player is valued of which even before this news he was clearly not valued.
I think he's still got something to offer at an AFL club, but you're right, 2nd was probably based off his history rather than the present.

Hadn't played for 12 months after going under the knife twice in the previous 12 months for his groin issues.....back playing now and still racking up the big numbers in both the AFL when played and the SANFL. Wasn't doing that when he was available to club's then. Of course club's were wary given he wanted a longer contract than the Crows were offering.

He still offers value to a side that needs a pure inside ball magnet.

Hadn't played for 12 months after going under the knife twice in the previous 12 months for his groin issues.....back playing now and still racking up the big numbers in both the AFL when played and the SANFL. Wasn't doing that when he was available to club's then. Of course club's were wary given he wanted a longer contract than the Crows were offering.

Crows are desperate to offload him.

You would be lucky to get a pick in the 60s for him, as well as pay part of his contract for next season. You shouldn't expect anything better than that.

I think you get a taker but it's a complete salary dump / token pick type thing and all it was ever going to be. No one would question his ability to get some possessions but there's a reason he's playing in your 2's mainly as a 27 year old former AA mid...

I think you get a taker but it's a complete salary dump / token pick type thing and all it was ever going to be. No one would question his ability to get some possessions but there's a reason he's playing in your 2's mainly as a 27 year old former AA mid...
Yeah because Rory Laird has taken his role in the midfield he vacated and we are ifinally starting to give some youngsters long overdue time in there.

Will be at the Giants IMO.
Doubt Matty would want to go there with his partner Elly expecting their 1st child, both being Ballarat natives I think a Melbourne club would be high on their agenda. Possibly even Port if there was interest as they are well settled in Adelaide.

Contracted for next year, so not sure if Adelaide are trying to facilitate a trade this year?
His manager has reached out to vic clubs, as he's been told to look around. Hawthorn being one, with the suspected loss of Tom Mitchell.

His manager has reached out to vic clubs, as he's been told to look around. Hawthorn being one, with the suspected loss of Tom Mitchell.
Pushing Mitchell out to bring in a worse version in Crouch would seem odd...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pushing Mitchell out to bring in a worse version in Crouch would seem odd...
I mean I could see someone still paying a first for Mitchell whereas Crouch would be gotten for effectively a bag of chips.

If he was worth anything surely the worst midfield in the comp would find a way to fit him in 🤷.
Put Laird back in the backline were he was an all Australian if crouch was that good.

For sure. Giants need some inside mids:drunk:
You don’t think a cheap, experienced decent enough inside mid wouldn’t be enticing for a rebuilding side who will be gutting their midfield for the sake of salary cap?

Ok.

Funnily enough, the side i think he could fit well at is Gold Coast. They have real quality outside mids in noah anderson and touk miller and even rowell is good on the outside. A pure ball winner on the inside feeding it out to them might appeal at at a low enough cost

You don’t think a cheap, experienced decent enough inside mid wouldn’t be enticing for a rebuilding side who will be gutting their midfield for the sake of salary cap?

Ok.

Giants have too many inside mids already. Hes not going there

Remove this Banner Ad

Back