Recommitted Matt Crouch [Recommitted to 2023]

exxcessivve

All Australian
Jan 19, 2017
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Essendon, Geelong, GWS, Port
Look I'm really gripped by the "Adelaide Crows crumbling" story, but this thread exists because literally one guy claimed that Tom Browne said that Matt Crouch met with North. There isn't even any evidence of Tom Browne saying it. Can we get some evidence or a credible voice here?

Mego Red

The Artist Formerly Known As Kristof
10k Posts
Oct 3, 2003
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Soft spot for Brisbane
Not sure if this means much/anything - but Matt and Brad were on a flight this morning to Queensland

I was in Adelaide yesterday and Queensland today - and the weather is much nicer up here.

Red Bull

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 29, 2010
mornington peninsula
AFL Club
Carlton
2F14CE75-D2DA-4BB3-9B32-4E33E63F1E93.gif

Shinboner1

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 13, 2020
AFL Club
North Melbourne
North Melbourne ;)
Obviously would be a current upgrade to a best 22 player but isn't really what we're looking for going forward.
Not overly quick and isn't a game changer on field, like a josh kelly on a good day etc.
Would rather just keep the kids we have, give them game time and save whatever it would cost to get him across.

Dec 28, 2007
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Richmond 2019 Premiers
Obviously would be a current upgrade to a best 22 player but isn't really what we're looking for going forward.
Not overly quick and isn't a game changer on field, like a josh kelly on a good day etc.
Would rather just keep the kids we have, give them game time and save whatever it would cost to get him across.
North have no depth and will be looking to bring in some experience and with some injuries the kids will be getting smashed
I can tell you now he would be more value than jack Ziebull who is about as useful as t!ts on a Zie Bull

Shinboner1

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 13, 2020
AFL Club
North Melbourne
North have no depth and will be looking to bring in some experience and with some injuries the kids will be getting smashed
I can tell you now he would be more value than jack Ziebull who is about as useful as t!ts on a Zie Bull
Lets be honest; if zeibel wasn't captain then he wouldn't be considered best 22 at this point.
Too many injuries and just isn't consistent on field.
The current 45 seem solid atm (barring a 2nd tall forward target) we just need games put into the kids asap.

Why would Matt Crouch leave the Crows for North?

Just can't see any chance of this happening.

do crows fans want to keep him?
If I was them I would want to hold into him just as a big bodied ball winner to protect the kids. Plus they can offer him overs on a short contract to hold space available later for trade ins or contract upgrades when the kids earn it. That's essentially the same role as at North, so if he is going there it's essentially because he just wants out. If so I can't see a match happening.

Back