Recommitted Matt Crouch [signs 2 year deal]

Remove this Banner Ad

Ah ok, my mistake. I knew they played together in junior days. I figured they were both from same area. Bachus Marsh is a fair distance.
It's only 45 minutes away so it's possible he went to school in Ballarat.

Brad Johnson lived in Hoppers Crossing and went to school in Geelong.

Hasn't been linked to any club by what iv seen? No media news
Apparently Sydney are keen...

But Crouch is hopeful of staying - rightly wants more than a 1 year deal. Expect Crows will offer a 2nd year.

It amazes me how people look at handballs as some sort of negative.
Andrew Jarman was a wizard inside, and used alot of handballs. Diesel Williams was how good a player? And used lots of handballs.
Players like Matt are the first line of attack. They get the ball out of the play and out to another team mate. If you can't get the ball in the first place, you ain't gonna get anywhere.
The AFL and some of the lesser knowledge fans go on these trends. Can't have a inside mid who gets 35 possessions a week if they have a higher handball ratio and arnt speedy, they all need to be speed demons who only kick the ball.
Mids must be over 190cms tall.
You don't want a full forward. The game has moved on from them.
Totally different era Back then.

Andrew Jarman wasnt known for his pace or quickness. He had quickness between the ears. No issues getting 25-30 disposals a game where half your disposals were hand passes. His Brother Darren Jarman wasnt known for his pace either. More known for his accurate kicking.

Norwood Legend Garry McIntosh stood at 172 cm. He wasnt known for his pace. He was known for his leadership and toughness. He had quickness between the ears, he was a smart footballer.

Bernie Vince claims he will sign a deal with Crows before the end of this week.

My guess is he only wanted to move out of Adelaide if he could be guaranteed game time which put clubs off?

THis is like a ex going back to the boyfriend whose already cheated on her twice

Time for Crouch to move on from this toxic relationship

I laughed but this is one of the better descriptions of our relationship with Matt Crouch post-2017.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Crows midfield has been much better with him in it in the last 5 weeks or so. Strong rumours around now that he's staying put.

I disagree, and also don't care if he turns into Chris Judd at a new club. Best of luck to him.

We've spend the last 6 years outside of the 8 and the last thing we need going into 2024 is Matt Crouch and Rory Sloane taking midfield minutes from Berry, Soligo, Rachele, Schoenberg, Rankine etc.

He was shopped around last year and there was no interest in him and according to Tom Morris, there's no interest in him again this year.

Apparently that was enough to scare the AFC football department into offering an extra year over the one year deal he'd asked for and not earned.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back