Roast Matt Crouch v St Kilda - The Worst 26 Disposal Game Ever?

Remove this Banner Ad

Reading between the lines of Nicks' presser you get the feeling he wasn't happy with Matt's performance and rightly so. He did his best to protect Matt but it was pretty obvious how unhappy he was. Be shocked if he survives this week.

How does his game compare to Bryce Gibbs' supposed "Worst 27 Disposal Game Ever" last year?

The one against Geelong after which he was dropped?

Gibbs was crap that day with 11 turnovers and 1 score involvement but he did have over 500 meters gained, 4 inside 50s, 4 tackles so he tried a bit harder than Matt yesterday

It's a first, I think , a LOWlight reel (?).
Apart from the obvious, one thing that stood out for me was his poor positioning.

He was trending on Twitter last night due to how bad he was. The media are finally starting direct questions to Nicks about his poor form. Commentators are calling him out for being a selfish stat padder. I’ve never seen this much heat on one player before but it’s fully deserved and surely way too hard to ignore by the club.

There has been some passable moments for him over the last couple of weeks, but there was nothing redeeming at all with that game last night and even Nicks won’t be blind to that I reckon. Gone this week.

And yet he appears in the list of best players on AFC.com.

That’s written by AFL media I think and they don’t have anyone from SA working for them right now.

You'd hope they actually watch the game though.

I don't know how you could sit there watching the game and put Matt in the bests. Maybe if you just read the stat sheet, but not from watching

It's a first, I think , a LOWlight reel (?).
Apart from the obvious, one thing that stood out for me was his poor positioning.
Yes this is what stood out to me, the amount of time, particularly at centre bounces, where he was caught second to the ball. Did not appear to be fighting for front spot.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yes this is what stood out to me, the amount of time, particularly at centre bounces, where he was caught second to the ball. Did not appear to be fighting for front spot.

He intentionally stands back waiting for the pass. If you look at how he is positioned, he is positioned furthest from the circle.

The inside grunt work is below him now, he is an "elite" midfielder and playmaker with silky skills

I am sorry for butting in as an outsider of a fan, but surely this thread which is a public humiliation of a player clearly devoid of all confidence and self-eateem is in extremely poor taste, especially not so long after Shane Tuck's suicide
Imagine how he would feel if he read this thread (fingers crossed he doesn't)

As a Carlton fan, I can sympathize with you Crows diehards are going through, but this is honestly the wrong way to go about it.

When players are struggling, esp during a really unusual and mentally draining year like 2020, I believe they need encouragement and kind words, or at the very least, not a public roasting like this

Playera are human beings, not emotionless/stoic robots, I respectfully ask you to try back off and be a bit more constructive/less hurtful in your critique of Matty Crouch.

Nothing good or positive can come from a thread like this (and I would totally have the same opinion if some Blues fans roasted a Carlton player in a similar vein)

I am sorry for butting in as an outsider of a fan, but surely this thread which is a public humiliation of a player clearly devoid of all confidence and self-eateem is in extremely poor taste, especially not so long after Shane Tuck's suicide

As a Carlton fan, I can sympathize with you Crows diehards are going through, but this is honestly the wrong way to go about it.

When players are struggling, esp during a really unusual and mentally draining year like 2020, I believe they need encouragement and kind words, or at the very least, not a public roasting like this

Playera are human beings, not emotionless/stoic robots, I respectfully ask you to try back off and be a bit more constructive/less hurtful in your critique of Matty Crouch.

Nothing good or positive can come from a thread like this (and I would totally have the same opinion if some Blues fans roasted a Carlton player in a similar vein)
I agree with what you are saying but i highly doubt players read bigfooty lets be honest. I dont think its something that can be stopped as supporters across all sports criticise players on social media. And the worse thing is, way worse has been written about athletes before.

On SM-N960F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Criticizing a player's performance is not a "public humiliation"

I have a feeling there will be a long overdue statement axing this week. More then 1 senior player!
I doubt it, I really do, the coaches and staff would think we were relatively close to a win, and see a couple of young players not have their best game. I fully expect to see Atkins and knight return and kids to drop out.

I doubt it, I really do, the coaches and staff would think we were relatively close to a win, and see a couple of young players not have their best game. I fully expect to see Atkins and knight return and kids to drop out.

b3.gif

It’s the complete lack of defensive accountability that pisses me off, watching that Steele goal where he bursts through a stoppage as Matt, his direct opponent, stood there flat footed and dumbfounded was ridiculous. Teams are putting quick players on him and exposing his lack of accountability going the other way. Must go this week.

Brad free agency compo this year. Matt free agency compo next year. We will be bottom of the ladder both years. That is the best we can possibly do trade-wise.

Playing them every week is our best bet to get fair compensation. Might be the difference between pick 20 and pick 2.

Also, we are already getting flogged too heavily for optimal player development of our young players.

This thread and this narrative is counterproductive.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back