Recommitted Matt Crouch [Recommitted to 2023]

Remove this Banner Ad

Since the Crows walked a player to the PSD this year rather than trade for him, could see either North or Essendon doing the same if they want him.
Huh? We offered a second rounder for him which got us Sam Berry, and considering Berrys form so far this year in the pre season it was a fair offer which GWS didn't want.
GWS could have on traded it, or packaged it up with one of their other picks to go up the order, but chose not to.
But carry on.

Huh? We offered a second rounder for him which got us Sam Berry, and considering Berrys form so far this year in the pre season it was a fair offer which GWS didn't want.
GWS could have on traded it, or packaged it up with one of their other picks to go up the order, but chose not to.
But carry on.
It wasn’t a fair offer and you know it. Fair enough for doing what you did and making the most of the situation but let’s not pretend you didn’t screw them over.

It wasn’t a fair offer and you know it. Fair enough for doing what you did and making the most of the situation but let’s not pretend you didn’t screw them over.
What we got for Crouch wasn't fair either.
GWS could have taken the second and do their best with it, which is what we had to do with the Crouch compo.

well we lost Hugh Greenwood to Gold Coast the year before and all we got offered was a future 3rd rounder and future 4th rounder and were told take it or leave it as the PSD was there to get him for nothing. So we got rolled there - not like it has not happened to us

well we lost Hugh Greenwood to Gold Coast the year before and all we got offered was a future 3rd rounder and future 4th rounder and were told take it or leave it as the PSD was there to get him for nothing. So we got rolled there - not like it has not happened to us
As I said fair play for using the situation to your advantage. It will be interesting going forward as you’ve set a precedent now. I doubt the afl expected it to be used this way.

What we got for Crouch wasn't fair either.
GWS could have taken the second and do their best with it, which is what we had to do with the Crouch compo.
Completely different situations. I actually think Crouch was fair based on how poorly your club played the situation. The fact you got pretty much what fans from all the other clubs said you would tells you it wasn’t far off.

Last edited:
As I said fair play for using the situation to your advantage. It will be interesting going forward as you’ve set a precedent now. I doubt the afl expected it to be used this way.
not really, GC offered scraps for Greenwood when they had decent picks coming out of their earholes and the crows took it instead of getting nothing. Also didn't Carlton do to GC the same thing with Martin?

not really, GC offered scraps for Greenwood when they had decent picks coming out of their earholes and the crows took it instead of getting nothing. Also didn't Carlton do to GC the same thing with Martin?
True, it’s interesting clubs are looking at using it after a period where it never seemed to be used in anger.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Carlton offered two second round picks for Martin.

GC wanted #10 + 2nd round for Martin and 15.

Net Result: Carlton effectively traded #10 to GC for #15, #20 and Martin (on draft night).

Carlton offered two second round picks for Martin.

GC wanted #10 + 2nd round for Martin and 15.

Net Result: Carlton effectively traded #10 to GC for #15, #20 and Martin (on draft night).
Which was effectively scraps for martin but didnt GC decide to make a stand as they were loaded with picks and had no use for another 2nd?

your anti crows so not surprising you have this view
So everyone who thinks this is "anti-crows"?

You might find this is basically everyone that is not a crows fan.

As for me being anti-crows, you might have mistaken my enthusiastic participation in the Brad Crouch thread for someone who cares about the crows rather than just someone enjoying the deluge of irrational responses found there.

So everyone who thinks this is "anti-crows"?

You might find this is basically everyone that is not a crows fan.

As for me being anti-crows, you might have mistaken my enthusiastic participation in the Brad Crouch thread for someone who cares about the crows rather than just someone enjoying the deluge of irrational responses found there.
Runner up in the Rising Star in his first year. Got a ton of Brownlow votes, more than JOM if I remember. Second year broke his leg.
Now how has Hatley done in his first two years?

Completely different situations. I actually think Crouch was fair based on how poorly your club played the situation. The fact you got pretty much what fans from all the other clubs said you would tells you it wasn’t far off.
There is always a downplaying of player value from interstate clubs by Vic's. You hear it all the time by Vic journos. "If "x" was playing in Victoria he would get alot more recognition". So the fact that some random on BF like to downplay an opposition players worth isn't surprising.
Let's compare how Vic's compare two players.
Adam Saad and Rory Laird.
Everyone was saying Saad was worth pick 8, and Essendon upgraded a third rounder to pick 8 for him.
Laird is twice the player Saad is, in the same position.
Laird = 2 x AA, 2 x 22 under 22, 1 x B&F.
Saad = 1 x 22 under 22.
Bet London to a brick nuffies here and in the media would rate Laird a second rounder, when Saad couldn't tie Lairds boots.

There is always a downplaying of player value from interstate clubs by Vic's. You hear it all the time by Vic journos. "If "x" was playing in Victoria he would get alot more recognition". So the fact that some random on BF like to downplay an opposition players worth isn't surprising.
Let's compare how Vic's compare two players.
Adam Saad and Rory Laird.
Everyone was saying Saad was worth pick 8, and Essendon upgraded a third rounder to pick 8 for him.
Laird is twice the player Saad is, in the same position.
Laird = 2 x AA, 2 x 22 under 22, 1 x B&F.
Saad = 1 x 22 under 22.
Bet London to a brick nuffies here and in the media would rate Laird a second rounder, when Saad couldn't tie Lairds boots.
It’s got nothing to do with “Vics” rating him or not. He and the Crows tested the actual market, the actual 17 other clubs and list managers, and the market told us his worth. You even decided not to match so your club can’t have thought he was worth much more either. I really don’t get why that is so hard to accept.
I’d love to see you try the same with Laird because you could be very disappointed again.
The concept of how FA works seems to still be a complete mystery to you.

It’s got nothing to do with “Vics” rating him or not. He and the Crows tested the actual market, the actual 17 other clubs and list managers, and the market told us his worth. You even decided not to match so your club can’t have thought he was worth much more either. I really don’t get why that is so hard to accept.
I’d love to see you try the same with Laird because you could be very disappointed again.
The concept of how FA works seems to still be a complete mystery to you.
Has nothing to do with FA. We are talking about what value would be put on Laird compared to Saad regardless of FA.
That point seemed to pass you by.

Since the Crows walked a player to the PSD this year rather than trade for him, could see either North or Essendon doing the same if they want him.
For a start.. North and essendon would need to finish below adelaide on the ladder for that to be a threat.. i’d say bombers are a lock to finish above adelaide, and north and adelaide will be a close race..

and finally, crouch wont leave adelaide to go play for another bottom side. He’ll only leave if it is for a good deal playing for a contending club..

By the logic of this thread why would a bottom side ever trade. Just always use PSD.... yet it is so rarely done and never for gun players

Remove this Banner Ad

Back