Recommitted Matt Crouch [Recommitted to 2023]

Remove this Banner Ad

Has nothing to do with FA. We are talking about what value would be put on Laird compared to Saad regardless of FA.
That point seemed to pass you by.
But he is a FA as was Crouch. What’s the point? You’re not comparing apples with apples. If you want me to tell you I rate Laird more than Saad. Yes I probably do. Do I think you’re think going to get first round compo equivalent to what Essendon got for Saad in a trade. Unlikely. His value, as was Brad Crouch, is completely influenced by his contract status as well as recent seasons performance. Using rising star noms from years ago to justify your Brad Crouch valuation is ridiculous. Lewis Taylor beat Bont to the rising star once a while ago. It has no influence on his value today.

For a start.. North and essendon would need to finish below adelaide on the ladder for that to be a threat.. i’d say bombers are a lock to finish above adelaide, and north and adelaide will be a close race..

and finally, crouch wont leave adelaide to go play for another bottom side. He’ll only leave if it is for a good deal playing for a contending club..

I would not say the Bombers are a lock to finish above Adelaide at all. As to the second point, you don't know what he will do, that is just speculation.

Lever went to Melbourne who are....Melbourne
Cameron went to a struggling Brisbane
McGovern went to Carlton.....

I would not say the Bombers are a lock to finish above Adelaide at all. As to the second point, you don't know what he will do, that is just speculation.

The thing each one of those players had in common was the huge money being thrown their way. If the bottom club wants a player out of contract and has the money to offer a huge contract, it is going to turn a number of heads - probably not all, but a fair few that can see their financial futures set up no matter that they might be going to a rebuilding club

TBH, I would have thought the AFL would have closed it down by now

Yeah but I would prefer to see it used more. It is one way that a struggling club can immediately improve their AFL side for the following year. High picks are good but they take time. Appreciate that not everyone would feel the same way.

Lever, cameron and mcgovern all went for one thing and one thing only...

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Anyone that thinks otherwise is deluded

Shiteloads more coin than the crows were willing to pay them and, in the case of Lever and mclovin, what a relief for the crows!!... both players are way overpayed and have massively underperformed.. and we recieved excellent compensation for both players.. and pick 12 for Cameron wasnt bad either.

If laird and/or mcrouch get the same money thrown at them that lever, cameron and mcgovern did then the PS draft wont be an issue because the crows wont match.. they’ll take the band 1 compo!..

Runner up in the Rising Star in his first year. Got a ton of Brownlow votes, more than JOM if I remember. Second year broke his leg.
Now how has Hatley done in his first two years?
Brad Crouch's first year? Gosh that's stretching the memory, I think Kevin Rudd was going to his second election?

Lever, cameron and mcgovern all went for one thing and one thing only...

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Anyone that thinks otherwise is deluded

Shiteloads more coin than the crows were willing to pay them and, in the case of Lever and mclovin, what a relief for the crows!!... both players are way overpayed and have massively underperformed.. and we recieved excellent compensation for both players.. and pick 12 for Cameron wasnt bad either.

If laird and/or mcrouch get the same money thrown at them that lever, cameron and mcgovern did then the PS draft wont be an issue because the crows wont match.. they’ll take the band 1 compo!..

Yay Adelaide!

Yay Adelaide!
Whatever floats your boat buddy..

You seem to spend a lot of time on these adelaide player trade pages writing negative stuff about adelaides players and, reading your comments, its almost as if you constantly wish bad will upon the club when it comes to the club and its trades..

Its become an almost unhealthy little obsession you’re afflicted with hasn’t it..

Whatever floats your boat buddy..

You seem to spend a lot of time on these adelaide player trade pages writing negative stuff about adelaides players and, reading your comments, its almost as if you constantly wish bad will upon the club when it comes to the club and its trades..

Its become an almost unhealthy little obsession you’re afflicted with hasn’t it..

I am happy to read that you have been following me around and nice - but basic - try with the obsession angle there.

In my opinion the Crows and their supporters treat their players poorly. Which is why so many of them leave.

I am happy to read that you have been following me around and nice - but basic - try with the obsession angle there.

In my opinion the Crows and their supporters treat their players poorly. Which is why so many of them leave.

Nope, no need to follow you around anywhere 747.. all anyone needs need to do is go to the nearest random Adelaide player trade thread to have a read and, as sure as night follows day, you can be found trolling and stinking up the thread with your petty, childish, spitefilled crap..

Certainly not obsessed.. I actually feel embarrassed for you when I read it.

Nope, no need to follow you around anywhere 747.. all anyone needs need to do is go to the nearest random Adelaide player trade thread to have a read and, as sure as night follows day, you can be found trolling and stinking up the thread with your petty, childish, spitefilled crap..

Certainly not obsessed.. I actually feel embarrassed for you when I read it.

OK mate, perhaps you can just avoid reading my posts if they make you that angry. Have a good weekend.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The point is well made, Berry is tracking better than Hately early in 2021, but truth is we'd all be a bit disappointed if Hately doesn't end up a bargain given his high draft position.

Some lower clubs just don't seem to rate 2nd round picks because they have so many first rounders for do long.

Geelong knows the true value better than most with many astude picks later on the draft.

GWS should have taken the offer, it was fair considering Adelaide's leverage.

Also I'm assuming the Berry pick was offered, it's probably documented somewhere.

On Pixel 3 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Since the Crows walked a player to the PSD this year rather than trade for him, could see either North or Essendon doing the same if they want him.
Lol, Crouch wont be leaving the Crows for another team unlikely to play finals.

Reckon he will be signed up during this season.

The point is well made, Berry is tracking better than Hately early in 2021, but truth is we'd all be a bit disappointed if Hately doesn't end up a bargain given his high draft position.

Some lower clubs just don't seem to rate 2nd round picks because they have so many first rounders for do long.

Geelong knows the true value better than most with many astude picks later on the draft.

GWS should have taken the offer, it was fair considering Adelaide's leverage.

Also I'm assuming the Berry pick was offered, it's probably documented somewhere.

On Pixel 3 using BigFooty.com mobile app
Ironic that Berry looks likely to take Hately's spot, given this was the draft pick we offered up for Hately.

Thanks GWS :)

When’s this bloke due back?
Hes back running, has been for a while now.. is expected to rejoin the main training group shortly, if he hasnt already, and the club has said today that hes expected to be available for selection in the next week or two.

i’d say he will have a run in the SANFL on the way back in..

If the Crows finish bottom 3, and thought that North Melbourne would be interested in a deal of lets say Pick 3 & 4 for Pick 1. Do you think that they would be interested in moving on Matt Crouch if they thought they would get Band 1 comp.

In perspective Crouch and Merrett were both AA in 2017 and people say Merrett is a lock in Band 1 Comp if he leaves.

Or do you think because they were burned last time - once bitten, twice shy.

That guy Horne just looks something else, the consolation prize - Roberts looks pretty good too.

If the Crows finish bottom 3, and thought that North Melbourne would be interested in a deal of lets say Pick 3 & 4 for Pick 1. Do you think that they would be interested in moving on Matt Crouch if they thought they would get Band 1 comp.

In perspective Crouch and Merrett were both AA in 2017 and people say Merrett is a lock in Band 1 Comp if he leaves.

Or do you think because they were burned last time - once bitten, twice shy.

That guy Horne just looks something else, the consolation prize - Roberts looks pretty good too.
3+4 seems far too much for 1. I think Adel would roll with 3+4.... Altho alot of people debat whether he is worth band 1 (I think he is... a 30+ mid who has been AA) But maybe with the injury and the game not as contested anymore he slips to band 2 as per Brouch

3+4 seems far too much for 1. I think Adel would roll with 3+4.... Altho alot of people debat whether he is worth band 1 (I think he is... a 30+ mid who has been AA) But maybe with the injury and the game not as contested anymore he slips to band 2 as per Brouch
Make no mistake Brad Crouch was worth Band 1 compensation. Vic clubs talking him down and the drug possession was the cause of him going lower.
Throughout his career Brad Crouch is an average 24 disposal per game player. Jack Steele is a 21 disposals per game player. They pretty much play the same role and I will guarantee St Kilda would get Band 1 for Steele.
Matt Crouch is ave 28 disposal player while Zac Merrett is a 26 disposal per game player both AA in 2017 and nobody has questioned Merrett's worth as a Band 1 comp. Got to stop listening to the media.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back