Recommitted Matt Flynn [re-signed for two years]

Remove this Banner Ad

Realistically, what would it take to pry him from the Giants - GWS fans?

I think he’d be great partnered with Marshall in our dual ruck strategy for life after Ryder

Can’t see us getting rid, or wanting to, part of our future ruck combo.
He is also a academy player.

Why would GWS give away the only decent young player in their weakest line?

I'm not even sure if it's a late 1st gets it done since GWS barely needs another high 1st round 18 year old draftee let alone a late 1st.

Only? Haven’t heard of Briggs?

Can’t see us trading him out in anyway.

We would of delisted him with all the injury issues he had previously if we didn’t have faith in him as a player and person.

Can’t see us getting rid, or wanting to, part of our future ruck combo.
He is also a academy player.

Only? Haven’t heard of Briggs?

Can’t see us trading him out in anyway.

We would of delisted him with all the injury issues he had previously if we didn’t have faith in him as a player and person.
I have, and he hasn't shown anywhere near what Flynn has. Ultimately you guys have dismissed the importance of having at least a decent/serviceable ruck and a generation of youth/stars was wasted. Can't see you contemplating any deal that doesn't involve a top 10 pick, which St Kilda has no chance of paying.

I have, and he hasn't shown anywhere near what Flynn has. Ultimately you guys have dismissed the importance of having at least a decent/serviceable ruck and a generation of youth/stars was wasted. Can't see you contemplating any deal that doesn't involve a top 10 pick, which St Kilda has no chance of paying.

He has shown just as much if not more being younger. They have worked great in tandem.

Nah that wasn’t the reason for the waste, Mummy was great, our coach was.

Why would GWS give away the only decent young player in their weakest line?

I'm not even sure if it's a late 1st gets it done since GWS barely needs another high 1st round 18 year old draftee let alone a late 1st.
No one said anything about giving away

Dont reckon he goes anywhere but is an interesting one to follow as would take the number one spot at a few clubs perhaps.

Clubs like Geelong would take him for sure but i doubt he leaves GWS.

GWS is investing a lot in Flynn and probably wouldn't trade him. From his games he going to very good once he hits 25yrs of age.
They do seem to love him. I still think one of Flynn/Briggs/Preuss will be shaken out, might not be this year though

Can't be too many currently listed players with a worse injury run. Poor guy is just plain unlucky

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nah I expect him to be best 22 next season, and being is a Western Sydney lad it would take a lot to move him.
All of Preuss/Flynn/Briggs can’t be best 22 though right? Two at most will play together. Are you thinking Flynn goes or just not rating Preuss?

All of Preuss/Flynn/Briggs can’t be best 22 though right? Two at most will play together. Are you thinking Flynn goes or just not rating Preuss?

Flynn is likely to be a regular starter as forward/ruck with Briggs or Preuss playing main ruck .... Brigs still very young so maybe he is back up but pretty even

He has shown just as much if not more being younger. They have worked great in tandem.

Nah that wasn’t the reason for the waste, Mummy was great, our coach was.

Also think it’s underrated how bad the GWS run with injuries was.

Still think you guys have been a huge success. Look at GC they are still facing an uphill battle just to be a normal club.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back