News Matt Hass gone

Remove this Banner Ad

He should have been sacked when Burton was turfed out. Why is the club always dragging its feet to make obvious decisions?

Although I 100% agree with the sentiment, fans forget it’s pretty hard to just let people go and find an adequate replacement. As wonderful as Adelaide is, it can also be very difficult to entice interstaters to move to SA. In fairness to the club in the last 12-18 months, although it has taken a million years to get to this point, they’ve made a lot of coaching and admin changes for the better. Some of these have left “voluntarily” but the list is pleasant reading: Burton, Hart, Campo, demoted Godden, Chapman, Smart and Hazel (at board level), Fagan. We should give the club credit where it’s due. Next up, Roo and Reid!

We didn't even fire him, he quit.

Will be interesting to see who we appoint as a replacement. Old Crows would appoint Jarryd Wallace permanently at the end of the year.
If you believe the rumours, the replacement has already been selected and will arrive at seasons end.

Although I 100% agree with the sentiment, fans forget it’s pretty hard to just let people go and find an adequate replacement. As wonderful as Adelaide is, it can also be very difficult to entice interstaters to move to SA. In fairness to the club in the last 12-18 months, although it has taken a million years to get to this point, they’ve made a lot of coaching and admin changes for the better. Some of these have left “voluntarily” but the list is pleasant reading: Burton, Hart, Campo, demoted Godden, Chapman, Smart and Hazel (at board level), Fagan. We should give the club credit where it’s due. Next up, Roo and Reid!
I know but Burton and Hass both should have been gone at the end of the 2018 season.

He should have been sacked when Burton was turfed out. Why is the club always dragging its feet to make obvious decisions?
They probably wanted to give him time to establish himself after Burton which is fair.

I reckon we've had our eyes on Burgess for a while.

They probably wanted to give him time to establish himself after Burton which is fair.

I reckon we've had our eyes on Burgess for a while.

Burton probably gave his mate another contract just prior to being sacked himself.

They probably had a limit as too how many people they were willing to pay to not be a part of the club in a single year. And I suspect with Campo, Burton, Pyke, Betts and Jenkins all on that list, Haas got the loophole stay of execution!

Will be interesting to see who we appoint as a replacement. Old Crows would appoint Jarryd Wallace permanently at the end of the year.

It'll be the usual process. We'll vow to search the entire sporting world to find the best candidate, and somehow that person will just happen to already be at the club. Amazing how that works out.

He knew his time was done and found another job.

The 'ol "You can't fire me cause I quit".

Burgess still wants back to Adelaide, his family is here, so he'd be the obvious replacement.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It'll be the usual process. We'll vow to search the entire sporting world to find the best candidate, and somehow that person will just happen to already be at the club. Amazing how that works out.
Don't think so.

He knew his time was done and found another job.

The 'ol "You can't fire me cause I quit".

Burgess still wants back to Adelaide, his family is here, so he'd be the obvious replacement.

I'll concede that we were pushing Hass out if we get Burgess next year. Happy to eat humble pie and admit being wrong if that happens. Will be a good result.

But everyone was convinced we were getting him 12 months ago and it didn't happen.

I think we can all agree that if Burgess doesn't come in for next season that this wasn't a planned thing by the Crows to get rid of Hass?

Last edited:
I'll concede that we were pushing Hass out if we get Burgess next year. Happy to admit humble pie and admit being wrong if that happens. Will be a good result.

But everyone was convinced we were getting him 12 months ago and it didn't happen.

I think we can all agree that if Burgess doesn't come in for next season that this wasn't a planned thing by the Crows to get rid of Hass?

Ordinarily clubs let employees out of contracts, Melbourne were reported to have denied his request. Whether it was to us is a guess, but there was definitely word around him trying to get out and it not being agreed by Melbourne.

Last edited:
Ordinarily clubs let employees out of contracts, Melbourne were reported to have denied his request. Whether it was too us is a guess, but there was definitely word around him trying to get out and it not being agreed by Melbourne.
They then let out that weird little press release about a month ago.

I'll concede that we were pushing Hass out if we get Burgess next year. Happy to eat humble pie and admit being wrong if that happens. Will be a good result.

We didn't get him cause he's contracted and Melbourne wouldn't let him out of his deal. They've now said that if he wants to leave at the end of the year that's up to him now. They'll have plenty of time to find a replacement and I don't think we would tell Hass he can't leave if another opportunity arises for him if we didn't have Burgess ready to go.

We also got Tim Parham last year and he has been with Burgess nearly everywhere he's gone since they were at Port

Remove this Banner Ad

Back