News Matt Hass gone

Remove this Banner Ad

Interesting, thank you for providing that context.

Perhaps I need to give the club the benefit of the doubt on this one after all.
Not yet of course, but it's clear we are exploring every avenue to get him.

It'll be the usual process. We'll vow to search the entire sporting world to find the best candidate, and somehow that person will just happen to already be at the club. Amazing how that works out.

In all fairness to the club, they couldn’t get who they wanted so best to employ internally temporarily until the right person becomes available. I think in all these appointments leading into COVID the most desired candidates said, give us a year or 2! Think big picture! We are now getting them.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I made a somewhat distasteful joke a couple of years ago, thought I’d rehash the same joke here:

Hamstring + Glutes
= Hamstring + Ass
= H + Ass
= Hass

————————

In all seriousness, I don’t envy people in those kind of roles. Hope he has better luck in his next venture! And likewise for us with our next pick!

I cut Hass some slack for a while as it was hard to know how much he was being dictated to but the condition the players turned up in for round one last year and then post the Covid shutdown was as poor as I've seen at AFL.

Some of the blame had to sit with Nicks but most with Hass.

I cut Hass some slack for a while as it was hard to know how much he was being dictated to but the condition the players turned up in for round one last year and then post the Covid shutdown was as poor as I've seen at AFL.

Some of the blame had to sit with Nicks but most with Hass.
Thats probably a fair comment, a lot of the problems Hass had were Burton related.
Not last year though, just made us look unprofessional

It'll be the usual process. We'll vow to search the entire sporting world to find the best candidate, and somehow that person will just happen to already be at the club. Amazing how that works out.
Just like they did with John Olsen, Adam Kelly, Matthew Nicks, Daniel Jackson, Scott Burns, and James Rahilly. Van Berlo I'll give you, though he did return after serving a decent apprenticeship at West Coast.

Just like they did with John Olsen, Adam Kelly, Matthew Nicks, Daniel Jackson, Scott Burns, and James Rahilly. Van Berlo I'll give you, though he did return after serving a decent apprenticeship at West Coast.
Oh, believe me, I am more than happy to be proven wrong on this. But I've been burned enough times by this club that I won't believe we're getting somebody like Burgess until I see him sitting there at the press conference announcing his arrival.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back