Roast Matt Hass is garbage and the Crows fitness is below AFL standard

Remove this Banner Ad

I wonder if our guys actually do basic strength work? As in, proper, basic strength work.

Mark Rippetoe's "Starting Strength" linear progression program should be a staple for any athlete for building strength.

Low bar squat, dead lift, over head press, bench press. One of the most optimum programs to build all over body strength. 10 weeks in and the strength gains i've had i'm very happy with! I've had a bulging disc over the last 10 years and been told by my physio and chiro mates to *never* deadlift due to the damage it can do to the back.

Enter Rip's advice and his linear progression program.... my back has no pain and it's never felt better or stronger. It's great for strengthening hamstrings too, Tommy D needs to get onto this ;)

I also had golfers elbow for about 3months....

Rips advice?

2 weeks and my golfer's elbow was completely gone (same routine for tennis elbow). The man is an old, rude, grizzled, common sense spitting genius.

so you’re suggesting they ditch Saunders and replace him with...a YouTube video?

Rowey repeatedly make reference to Kangatech after our most recent loss, and the clear inference was that it is part of the problem.
Rowey, yeah right!

Must be a lot of other AFL teams using the same system in this Covid-19 season going by the hamstring toll across the League. Of course the short back ups wouldn't be a contributing factor at all.

Rowey, yeah right!

Must be a lot of other AFL teams using the same system in this Covid-19 season going by the hamstring toll across the League. Of course the short back ups wouldn't be a contributing factor at all.

Don't shoot the messenger - I just thought it was very interesting that he mentioned it multiple times in the Collingwood post-game.

It's bizzare the instinctive defense of kangatech on here.

Honestly if it was all it has cracked up to be it'd have a much wider adoption. for all the 'oh we have clubs in the AFL and NBA and EPL' or whatever else.. all the clubs that have it are pretty mediocre tbh. No-one who is leading their field.

Remember when after the review both Fagan and Chapman came out and said the cap wouldn't stop us making the right appointments for 2020?

Arseholes couldn't lie straight in bed.

Yes, and Roo who said in a TV interview during the external review that accusations we would never go over the soft cap to improve our football department were "crap" and we would pay out what was necessary to get better. Actions speak louder that words Roo, looks like you were the one talking crap.

Yes, and Roo who said in a TV interview during the external review that accusations we would never go over the soft cap to improve our football department were "crap" and we would pay out what was necessary to get better. Actions speak louder that words Roo, looks like you were the one talking crap.

Yeah because it's not like these jokers haven't been caught lying over and over again.

But the thing is they know that only those who follow things super closely will actually know it's a lie.

95% of Crows fans will just be like "well Roo has put that one to bed, clearly it cant be the case"

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'll preface this by stating we were at a distinct disadvantage with having to fly the morning of a lunch time game...... but.

But if ever team fitness and conditioning is a focus surely today's numbers magnify it glaringly.

The uncontested possessions count difference is the kicker....we just can't go with other teams when it comes to gut running to space, you can only blame defensive structures so much.

Total disposals

WB : 373
AC : 252

Contested Possessions

WB : 138
AcC : 99

Uncontested Possessions

WB : 236
AC : 146

I'll preface this by stating we were at a distinct disadvantage with having to fly the morning of a lunch time game...... but.

But if ever team fitness and conditioning is a focus surely today's numbers magnify it glaringly.

The uncontested possessions count difference is the kicker....we just can't go with other teams when it comes to gut running to space, you can only blame defensive structures so much.

Total disposals

WB : 373
AC : 252

Contested Possessions

WB : 138
AcC : 99

Uncontested Possessions

WB : 236
AC : 146
It is painfully glaringly obvious, we go with, or beat teams for a half then just can't sustain it and fall away, week after painful week. It wont matter if we get pick 1,2,3 and a bunch of first rounders in. If we can't get them to AFL fit then we need to build another cabinet for all the spoons we are about to get.
This needs to change THIS YEAR! because it is going to take a fitness guru 2-3 years to get us back to the level. Burton has totally ****ed this club and his mini me continues the damage.

Clubs Days Break Differentials

From Round 3 onwards. For example, Adelaide have altogether 9 days less rest than their opponents over the year while Brisbane have 4 days more rest.

Days break differential:
Adelaide -9
Brisbane +4
Carlton +6
Collingwood -3
Essendon -1
Fremantle -12
Geelong +5
Gold Coast -1
Greater Western Sydney -7
Hawthorn -10
Melbourne +1
North Melbourne -8
Port Adelaide +11
Richmond +14
St Kilda +2
Sydney +5
West Coast -8
Western Bulldogs +11

Clubs Days Break Differentials

From Round 3 onwards. For example, Adelaide have altogether 9 days less rest than their opponents over the year while Brisbane have 4 days more rest.

Days break differential:
Adelaide -9
Brisbane +4
Carlton +6
Collingwood -3
Essendon -1
Fremantle -12
Geelong +5
Gold Coast -1
Greater Western Sydney -7
Hawthorn -10
Melbourne +1
North Melbourne -8
Port Adelaide +11
Richmond +14
St Kilda +2
Sydney +5
West Coast -8
Western Bulldogs +11
Richmond +14 hey?

Hmmmm

Let's be clear - every club in the league has a list decent enough to square away at least ONE win per year, just on law of averages, regardless of how bad they are. And we do have the worst list in the league, by a country mile.

Even GWS and GC in their first years managed a win against Port Adelaide.

Let's also be clear that even with those odds, we WILL NOT WIN A SINGLE GAME this year, and that is down to our fitness department not preparing AFL standard footballers coming back from the break.

Our list is atrocious, but not ZERO games in a year atrocious. That is our Div7 Ammos level fitness coming back from the break that can get us through about 1 and a half quarters. There's effort there but it's impossible to sustain it for long enough to match any of the other sides in the league for a full match.

Blight going hard on Fog not being fit. Said fitness was the core requirement of making a team for him.

Wildy questioning how a player can be unfit in an AFL system essentially.

Obviously never heard the name "Matt Hass"
He's had a bung shoulder for like 6 weeks. If he wasn't lifting weights what the hell was Fog doing in his time off?

I might be wrong but did Matty Bode leave about the same time the "Hamstring Brothers" arrived?

AFC chose Haas over him so he left and is the runner for a Vic. I was told last week when I asked if we could get him back.

I would be chasing Steven Schwert. He has been doing great things in the cricket world re fitness.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back