Roast Matt Hass is garbage and the Crows fitness is below AFL standard

Remove this Banner Ad

Nicks said Fog won't get games until his defensive efforts improve, which then got turned into Fog isn't fit. Like Tex in his early days I imagine it's partly a mindset thing with him.
Like Tex now... as he has no agility & his opponents just run off him.

The difference is Fog will improve with match fitness whereas Tex is unfortunately cooked.

Nicks said Fog won't get games until his defensive efforts improve, which then got turned into Fog isn't fit. Like Tex in his early days I imagine it's partly a mindset thing with him.

If Fog isn't fit this far into a season who is more likely at fault? Fog or the fitness guys?

We wouldn't be fielding a side if that was a requirement from all our players....

Anyone know what Neil Craig is doing these days? Love him or hate him, the one thing you never questioned with a Neil Craig team was fitness!

I don't think he'd be interested in running the fitness department, but perhaps there is a role he may be interested that helps to oversee team fitness...

Thinking about our fitness, I think we've got things wrong in team structure. Given we get slaughtered in the midfield week on week, the ball is in our backline for the majority of games. I think this may be one reason we're falling away in the second halves of games, because we've actually tried to keep a fairly stable back 6 whereas we're constantly juggling the mids / fwds. All the more reason to bring in the likes of Butts and Worrell, as they may actually inject some youth and run into the back half. Note: it doesn't explain why other teams forwards can continue to run all day, when our defenders tire, but there just may be something in it.

Anyone know what Neil Craig is doing these days? Love him or hate him, the one thing you never questioned with a Neil Craig team was fitness!

I don't think he'd be interested in running the fitness department, but perhaps there is a role he may be interested that helps to oversee team fitness...
High performance manager for England's rugby union team. And some sort of consultation role with the suns

I made the comment during the game when I saw Talia and himmelberg come to the bench and the same time as Keays who had been running through the midfield, and they looked spent and gasping for air. Meanwhile Keays was barely raising a sweat. Our fitness is non existent!

fitness affects quality movement and quality decision making. If we are running in empty, we can have the best game plan in the league and we will still be shown up!

if fitness is the issue, that is actually a positive. Fitness can be fixed!

fitness affects quality movement and quality decision making. If we are running in empty, we can have the best game plan in the league and we will still be shown up!

if fitness is the issue, that is actually a positive. Fitness can be fixed!
If Nicks really wants to turn this club around, fitness should come first. It's an even higher priority than sacking Ben Hart and Michael Godden.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If Nicks really wants to turn this club around, fitness should come first. It's an even higher priority than sacking Ben Hart and Michael Godden.
A player knows when they can’t run out a full game. Nicks will know if fitness is one of the issues. It’s hard to turn that one around mid season I’d guess

A player knows when they can’t run out a full game. Nicks will know if fitness is one of the issues. It’s hard to turn that one around mid season I’d guess
The problem is that Nicks then needs to convince the powers that be that they ****ed up and we need a complete rebuild of the "High performance team"

On par IMO....all must go.....and I'm not generally a club basher.

Bringing back Neil would be as bad of a move as bringing back Trigg. We still revert to his brand of football.

Bringing back Neil would be as bad of a move as bringing back Trigg. We still revert to his brand of football.
Would we though? I’m not sure that we would. And simply because we literally have an exact precedent.

The Craig team didn’t play like the Blight team, but Craig was an integral part of that coaching panel.

Blight benefitted massively from Craig’s ability to get elite fitness levels trained into his squad, but nothing about the Blight teams was ‘Crowbotic’

Would we though? I’m not sure that we would. And simply because we literally have an exact precedent.

The Craig team didn’t play like the Blight team, but Craig was an integral part of that coaching panel.

Blight benefitted massively from Craig’s ability to get elite fitness levels trained into his squad, but nothing about the Blight teams was Crowbotic.

Unlike Blight/Craig, the suggestion would be an ex-head coach and one that still has too much sway of this club's ideologies would be on the panel with a 2nd year coach and an ideally brand new team. All that would inevitably lead to is the coach being undermined, even if it was unintentional.

Unlike Blight/Craig, the suggestion would be an ex-head coach and one that still has too much sway of this club's ideologies would be on the panel with a 2nd year coach and an ideally brand new team. All that would inevitably lead to is the coach being undermined, even if it was unintentional.
I don’t think so, as I didn’t suggest he be on the panel in the first post. More in a role that specifically oversees the fitness department so we benefit from his strengths.

So he would be even further removed from any game day decisions regarding game style.

But even if he was on a coaching panel (which he probably wouldn’t want anyway) I doubt at 64/65 he’s looking to usurp a Head Coaching gig.

The other thing that the Crows seem to be ‘worst in comp’ in is tackling. Our technique is terrible (just look at the Bulldogs.) Lack of fitness also contributes to the ability to tackle. Add the 2 together to get game losing performances.

Who is our tackling coach? Do we have one?

I'd be flattered if we could play Neil Craig brand football at the moment.

I'm not saying we SHOULD bring him back, but he's inarguably an upgrade on most of our staff at the moment. He'd be a better head coach, a better director of football, a better football manager, a better high performance manager.

Hell he'd probaly be a better CEO or chairman too.

He had his flaws and limitations, but he was at his core a competent person.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back