Roast Matt Hass is garbage and the Crows fitness is below AFL standard

Remove this Banner Ad

Fagan is a liar and a fraud. At best, Nicks was asked a question by way of a statement. Nicks now wedging the fraud that is Fagan. It's sweet.
Kelly has said the same. Nicks just realised at this rate he’ll be out of job by mid next year.

Clarke fumbling himself through aa interview. The boys went soft on him 🤷🏼 No surprise really

My understanding is he left because they overlooked him and appointed Burton
Matty Bode was at Carlton I recall seeing a couple of years ago, is he still there?

Would certainly be a big upgrade on the current bloke.

Matty Bode was at Carlton I recall seeing a couple of years ago, is he still there?

Would certainly be a big upgrade on the current bloke.

Yes I think that’s where he went. Not sure about now

Edit: In an April article about Carlton he’s described as their strength and conditioning coach

Last edited:
The players should drive the standards. Hence their culture is sh*t atm. Hass is small problem atm and will get replaced. Example of this is the players have returned to training unfit for the last couple years. This was last season and this season including the COVID break. Hass can give them a program but it’s up to the players how hard they want to work.

That's not true at all.

Overcook a program - players breakdown.

Overuse certain training methods - soft tissue injury problems.

Underdo a training program - players don't get injured as much, but lack fitness.

The players can do everything right, and still be unfit or breakdown.

A program with the right methods and the right training level is 100% the responsibility of the Fitness Manager - ours is s**t.

Edit: In an April article about Carlton he’s described as their strength and conditioning coach
So he's worked under one of the very best high performance guys in the business Andrew Russell for 2 seasons since Russell switched from the Hawks then. That's a very big plus.

He pretty much went straight from Adelaide to Carlton, not long after Burton arrived. From memory there was talk they didn't get on at the time. There'd probably be a more to it than that though

He pretty much went straight from Adelaide to Carlton, not long after Burton arrived. From memory there was talk they didn't get on at the time. There'd probably be a more to it than that though
Same time as Teague left for Carlton or earlier or later?

That's not true at all.

Overcook a program - players breakdown.

Overuse certain training methods - soft tissue injury problems.

Underdo a training program - players don't get injured as much, but lack fitness.

The players can do everything right, and still be unfit or breakdown.

A program with the right methods and the right training level is 100% the responsibility of the Fitness Manager - ours is sh*t.

Even further, players would be under strict instructions to follow their programs to the letter. The club would control just about everything. If a player asked to do more, the club would control that too.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

During the second quarter of last nights game after a running Melbourne goal, it was shocking to see MacKay, Doedee & McAsee all doubled over, heads down, hands on thighs puffing and absolutely spent... these were three fresh ins for the game, not the guys coming off a four day break! :oops:

Seriously, un-f*king-believable! :mad:

Last edited:
if we don't get rid of Fages, Chappy and Roo, we're in for a few years of pain. This is Melbourne/Carlton sh*t club driven poor performance, not a short term drop and bounce.
I'm pretty sure we're in for a few years of pain even if we replace them.

Nor do I blame him, we didn't hire Nicks until November.

He would have got saddled by some hack if he wanted it last year. After all, that's way too late to start looking to get anyone of quality.
That was a smart move by Nicks. Suck it up for one year, move on the current crop and pick the coaches you want.

He's probably in an even better situation with a few more OOC

That was a smart move by Nicks. Suck it up for one year, move on the current crop and pick the coaches you want.

He's probably in an even better situation with a few more OOC

Will he get the ones he wants though?

The bookies are already paying out on the only changes being Thommo replacing Godden and Reilly and Wright being promoted.

Will he get the ones he wants though?

The bookies are already paying out on the only changes being Thommo replacing Godden and Reilly and Wright being promoted.
Thommo in whatever capacity I don’t have a problem with.

And you’ll ride it out. Embrace the pain is essential to being a fan.
You’re a great fan. Thats a great foundation trait.
Kane the Quitter thinks fans should leave the club when it's doing poorly though, otherwise they are accepting mediocrity :rolleyes:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back