Roast Matt Hass is garbage and the Crows fitness is below AFL standard

Remove this Banner Ad

... did you read my previous posts? I quoted a scientific paper written by sanders which had Crows players as his cohort across a single preseason. 45 players.
No .. I often skim over posts

You seem uptight. RUOK?

I was just correcting him about what the study actually indicated.

Also if you are still of the view it is a quality product are you surprised to hear it has gone from 100 to 50 percent usage in a few years?

Given the lack of scientific evidence as to its effectiveness the anecdotal evidence from those who actually use it is the only real tool we have to go off is it not?
There was a.lot of anti kanga sentiment at the crows when they were pinging hammys, led by Tex. We all know those issues were about implementation, not the system itself. I'd say the drop in usage is a carry over of that.

There was a.lot of anti kanga sentiment at the crows when they were pinging hammys, led by Tex. We all know those issues were about implementation, not the system itself. I'd say the drop in usage is a carry over of that.

know is a very strong word to use there.

Needs to be sacked on the spot.
The fact is he will get an out because of this unprecedented situation as other players will get affected by COVID-19 differently, some players can't train by themself with the necessary motivation especially with more important world wide pandemic happening, in particular after such a big list turnover.

Was watching a crows game from 2016 while having a beer on Friday afternoon at the the pub. Was indigenous round v gws match where Betts kicked goal of the year from the left side of the oval. What struck me was how much fitter, quicker, leaner, stronger we looked on field. It was chalk and cheese to what we are now. I know we have covid but we are the most unfit side in the league. A topline strength and conditioning coordinator needs to be found asap. Weights needs to be a priority for the young guys. Notably Hamill, Sholl, McAdam, Davis, Gollant, Jones, McAsey, McHenry, Schoenberg.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In 2018 I was in the sack Hass camp
In 2019 there was enough improvement, but was that luck? was that Burton taking a more active role? was that Saunders? Who knows
In 2020 I am back in the Hass camp

Obvious he's incompetent.

Sack Hass, Sack Hart
ANd I will not complain if we sack Gooden.

I was watching college gameday last season and the comment made is whenever w new coach is hired, the first person hired is generally the strength and conditioning coach. This is the guy who works with these players to get their bodys right. These are the guys who pump up the team and create culture. Someone who brings in that positive energy.

If you got a good one, you keep them for as long as positive. As they'll help out drastically around the team.

What we need this year is

1) Someone who can do this as its obvious Hass is useless (things gone significantly downhill since Hass came in....)
2) A good senior assistant to assist a junior coach. Support each other.
3) Anyone who can get more out of his players than Ben ****ing Hart

So. What we learnt this season is that if a club's players and fitness team doesn't take pre-season seriously, it takes approximately 14 weeks of training and match action to build back to a level where they can actually compete with other AFL sides for a full 4 quarters.

I think that with this information, we can now also look back on the last 2-4 seasons and have a more detailed discussion on whether or not our inability to compete against elite teams for a full 4 quarters deep into the end of the season was as much related to a poor fitness base as it was a lack of mental strength.

Either way, on the basis of the first point, and the sheer volume of injuries we've had this year, if our fitness team was the sales arm of any corporate business, on current results... well, I will allow you to draw your own conclusions.

Fixing our non-AFL level fitness and injury rate must be the first thing we do with the non-playing staff in the post-season.

Mods, maybe changing this thread title to just the last 6 words of it's current form would be more fitting for the off-season?

machine-hamstring-ping-gif.937642

Remove this Banner Ad

Back