Matt Horton and sun yang

Did Matt Horton do the right thing in not taking the podium

• Yes

Votes: 26 74.3%
  • No

Votes: 9 25.7%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

doesnt mean Harton (or anyone else) has to like it.

Good old Yaco, how many years later and still a PED apologist.

Hardly a PED apologist when legal process has been followed in the Sun Case - Anyway let emotions overcome logic.

How did you come to this conclusion? Yang destroyed the sample/test kit.

The FINA Anti-Doping Tribunal found that one or two of the testers didn't have the right accreditation - Maybe do some research, instead of posting unproven assertions - All will be decided at CAS.

Poor old Mack is a sore loser. Of course, he would have shared to podium if he won. And of course he has sympathy for Jack, who accidentally took the roids. It’s quite common for steroids to just pop up like that and no-one knows how they got there. In fact, I have no idea why the authorities even need to test Australian, Yanks or Brits. We’ve always been so clean.

Last edited:

If any of you guys/girls have Netflix. Watch the documentary Icarus. It blows the lid on doping in sport.

https://wwos.nine.com.au/news/mack-...-rivalry/56b459fb-3ef9-4f8d-9efd-37a0dae1ad77

Aussie Olympic swimming champion Mack Horton has reportedly copped a snub from his old school due to his feud with Chinese megastar Sun Yang.

Caulfield Grammar recently opened a $25 million aquatic centre and Horton would have been the obvious name to adorn the facility, as a former student who won 400m freestyle gold at the Rio 2016 Games. He is the school's only Olympic gold medallist and an outspoken advocate of clean sport.

Yet Horton's name will be kept off the aquatic centre to preserve Caulfield Grammar's "commercial interests in China", according to The Age. The newspaper reported that prior to Horton's boycott of Sun's victory at last year's FINA world championships in Gwangju, the centre was to be named in Horton's honour.

Horton acted like a fool and disrespected his fellow competitors - Even taking into account the Chinese influence, I personally wouldn't want his name on the swimming pool.

No surprises there for me.
This wouldn't be the only sport to cover up its drug problems

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Of course its Yaco saying this.

Still feel the same now??

My sentiments haven't changed. Horton showed a lack of class in his actions, and I wouldn't want this type of person to have their name on a swimming pool. I'll add this also applies to Sun Yang - I worry for Willie Rioli because WADA treat tampering with a drug sample as more serious than a positive test

My sentiments haven't changed. Horton showed a lack of class in his actions, and I wouldn't want this type of person to have their name on a swimming pool. I'll add this also applies to Sun Yang - I worry for Willie Rioli because WADA treat tampering with a drug sample as more serious than a positive test
So a guy who knows he is competing against a cheat refuses to respect him and you dont like that???
yep a true EFC appolgist for drug cheats.

why should he be forced to respect a drug cheat????
Your line of thought is absolutely ridiculous. His actions were very appropriate.
It showed true character unlike the drug cheats you love.

Why would you ‘worry’ about drug cheats getting banned?

What about tampering with records, for example, destroying them after a tip off from HQ?

On SM-A530F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Great to see Horton continue his off field professional manor . Was not interested in sinking the slipper and saying I told you so, here is what he said at Adelaide airport today.

“I think regardless of the outcome it was always going to be a statement to the world and my stance has always been about clean sport never about nations or individuals,” Horton told Channel 7.
When asked if he is feeling a sense of relief or vindication, Horton replied: “It goes on.
“I’m just a guy still chasing the dream... we’ve got a job to do this morning and we’ll just keep going.”

This is in stark contrast to the drug cheat Sun Yang who after a race said to a British opponent , “You’re a loser. I’m winning, yes.”
All the dignity of a pig!!!!

Yet people say zip about Yang and then say Horton lacks class??????
Unbelievable, what planet do these people come from.

Just to confirm:

1. Sun is banned for refusing to retain a sample taken by an improperly accredited testing team.

2. The severity of the sentence is due to this being a second offence.

3. The first offence was for a prescribed drug for heart palpitations. A drug that was subsequently removed from the banned list as it was found not to impact performance.

Seems to be a fairly disproportionate amount of negative feeling when the bones of the case are laid out. Is it because he is Asian?

Sure, he had nothing too hide. :rolleyes:
Why would he break the samples so they could not be tested??
If there were issues with the testing protocols they could still be challenged, no need to damage the samples which could categorically prove his innocence.
With regards to his first offence he was lucky the Chinese authorities did not notify the world body of his cheating until his token 3 month sentence was already served. They have stated they would have appealed the lenient sentence.

Nothing to do with being Asian, it is about cheating.
Think if you check , there may have been 1-200 threads concerning a certain melbourne footy club which was accused of taking PEDs and not keeping/destroying records. They also had nothing to hide??

Back