Matt Horton and sun yang

Did Matt Horton do the right thing in not taking the podium

• Yes

Votes: 26 74.3%
  • No

Votes: 9 25.7%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

I know that we all have bigger fish got fry at the moment, but a rumour regarding Yang is starting to come out of China. It is being discussed that he is currently training with the Chinese Olympic Swimming team in preparation for the postponed olympics. As far as I am aware, no formal appeal has been lodged and thus no stay of penalty introduced. So any training with the team would contravene the ban. Has anyone else heard this?

Information out of General Administration of Sport is quite light at the moment...

I know that we all have bigger fish got fry at the moment, but a rumour regarding Yang is starting to come out of China. It is being discussed that he is currently training with the Chinese Olympic Swimming team in preparation for the postponed olympics. As far as I am aware, no formal appeal has been lodged and thus no stay of penalty introduced. So any training with the team would contravene the ban. Has anyone else heard this?

Information out of General Administration of Sport is quite light at the moment...
Worrying if true

It wouldn't surprise you, would it?

The guy is a cheating grub but also a law unto himself. And his local governing body will cover for him.

of course it does. It's part of his ban, no country should be openly flouting a ban like that.

dont ever change yaco.

Yang's only recourse is to appeal to the Swiss Supreme Court and according to the latest information he has lodged no appeal - So let Yang delude himself by continuing to train - Why would we even worry about this non-issue - Many active sportspeople still hand out with Lance Armstrong who has a life ban, sometimes ride with him, seek his counsel and heaven forbid even appear on his podcast - None of these sports peoPle haVE BEEN SANCTIONED.

Yang's only recourse is to appeal to the Swiss Supreme Court and according to the latest information he has lodged no appeal - So let Yang delude himself by continuing to train - Why would we even worry about this non-issue - Many active sportspeople still hand out with Lance Armstrong who has a life ban, sometimes ride with him, seek his counsel and heaven forbid even appear on his podcast - None of these sports peoPle haVE BEEN SANCTIONED.

Why even bother having rules then?

Why even bother having rules then?

It's only people like you who are concerned - It means nothing in the overall scheme of things - The Lance Armstrong podcast The Move is one of the more popular ones for viewers - People are forgiving.

It's only people like you who are concerned - It means nothing in the overall scheme of things - The Lance Armstrong podcast The Move is one of the more popular ones for viewers - People are forgiving.

Most of the time people wait more than 5 minutes to forgive.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think it’s going to be very different. I think he is going to get off.

on what basis?
Unless there’s new evidence to present not sure why CAS would come to a different finding than they original (potential bias or otherwise)

on what basis?
Unless there’s new evidence to present not sure why CAS would come to a different finding than they original (potential bias or otherwise)
I am pretty sure all parties acknowledged the procedural irregularities when collecting the sample by the collectors.

The issue will be whether he tampered with a valid sample. A strict application may find in this instance, the irregularities were sufficient to deem the sample invalid.

As the case is being reheard and the Sun team has seen all the prosecution can offer, they should be better prepared.

I am pretty sure all parties acknowledged the procedural irregularities when collecting the sample by the collectors.

The issue will be whether he tampered with a valid sample. A strict application may find in this instance, the irregularities were sufficient to deem the sample invalid.

As the case is being reheard and the Sun team has seen all the prosecution can offer, they should be better prepared.

Is this you actually believing that CAS will come to another conclusion? Or just hoping they do because you didn't agree with their initial finding?
What new information or avenue can Yang present/take that he didn't the first time round, particularly given the appeal is based on alleged bias/prejudice of a single adjudicator rather than any issues or actual process?
If he was likely to get off on the basis that the sample he destroyed wasn't technically a valid sample then why didn't he get off first time round?

Is this you actually believing that CAS will come to another conclusion? Or just hoping they do because you didn't agree with their initial finding?
What new information or avenue can Yang present/take that he didn't the first time round, particularly given the appeal is based on alleged bias/prejudice of a single adjudicator rather than any issues or actual process?
If he was likely to get off on the basis that the sample he destroyed wasn't technically a valid sample then why didn't he get off first time round?
I actually believe CAS will come to the conclusion the sample was invalid.

I agreed with the initial finding that the collection of the sample had process irregularities.

Given it is a complete rehearing, I don’t think he needs to present ‘new’ information - just present the case more clearly.

He didn’t destroy the sample, he broke the seals on the sample throwing the chain of custody security into question - the same concern the Sun camp had of the security of the chain of custody given the process irregularities.

If the courts want to accept Sun ‘tampered’ with a valid sample, then given the same chain of security concerns apply to the Sun action and the process collection, then the argument would be there was still a ‘usable’ sample.

If the argument is that the sample process irregularities do not result in a valid sample, then Sun did not tamper with a sample as there was no valid sample.

I think this is the crux of the case that will be made and that was not made in the initial hearing.

They did not argue this the first time in any succinct manner.

Back