Matt Little's debut .....

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: Matt Little

He may turn it over but at least he can find the pill every now and then.

I'd rather Joey or Murph play tbh.

Worst player to AFL debut EVER!! What happened to the days when you had to be good to make AFL?

He didn't dominate - if that is what you expected but either you are a troll or a complete idiot to make a comment like this about a HFC player playing his first game.

If you had any balls you would edit your posts in this thread and apologise.

But then the mods should ban you for abuse of a HFC player playing his 1st game.

Bit harsh on Little's performance, took Williams 10-15 games to be anything at sernior level.

That said, given what people say about him at VFL level, i dont think he's much chance to stay on our list end of sesaon.

why hasnt dowler made his debut yet?

if this kid got a game before him thats saying something....unless of course he is injured

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dowlers recovery has been somewhat limited. Kicked 3 for Box Hill and his delivery has been shocking.

It was his 2nd game, he played a game last year, thats 2 games in 3 years, so it sugests to me that he isnt AFL ready now or ever !

Edit : Just checked - your wrong - first game (you probably remember a night game).

Little with a bit of luck & better kicking could have ended up with a couple of goals tonight - and he also gave away one - this should be considered an OK if quiet performance for his FIRST GAME.

He did miss a relatively easy shot (after a good mark)and he sharked a marking contest which was taken back by the umpires.

But what do you expect - his performance was not much different to Thorpes last week given the positions they play - or are you just looking for a scapegoat!.

And how do you compare his 1st game to dixon who has played almost 200 games.

It was his 2nd game, he played a game last year, thats 2 games in 3 years, so it sugests to me that he isnt AFL ready now or ever !

I can't find another game on any AFL stat site. Do you have a link to that first game?

What, so you were impressed with his debut???

He did not perform well. That does not mean we write him off after one game. If we did then some players would not have blossomed.

Mark William's first game - 1 tackle. Nothing else.
Tom Murphy's first game - 4 disposals, 2 marks.
Sam Mitchell's first game - 4 disposals, 2 marks, 4 tackles.
Chance Bateman's first game - 3 disposals, 2 marks, 1 behinds, 1 tackle.

Yep. All these players should have been shipped off with their first performances.:rolleyes:

I can't find another game on any AFL stat site. Do you have a link to that first game?

He did not perform well. That does not mean we write him off after one game. If we did then some players would not have blossomed.

Mark William's first game - 1 tackle. Nothing else.
Tom Murphy's first game - 4 disposals, 2 marks.
Sam Mitchell's first game - 4 disposals, 2 marks, 4 tackles.
Chance Bateman's first game - 3 disposals, 2 marks, 1 behinds, 1 tackle.

Yep. All these players should have been shipped off with their first performances.:rolleyes:

what about their second games?

What you also have to remember is (with three of those players) we were able to give them time to develop, we dont have that luxury as were pushing on finals.

I dont think he adds anything to the team. Hopefully Thorp will be back in next week for him. Did Dixon get injured though? Little might stay in for Benny until Boyle gets back.

Word is Boyle may pull up for the Roos game.

Almost 100% sure Dicko is injured and Thorp only had a corky.

what about their second games?

What you also have to remember is (with three of those players) we were able to give them time to develop, we dont have that luxury as were pushing on finals.

So Matt Little cost us the game tonight is what you are saying. The other 21 players were brilliant and could do no wrong and yet Little was the one who cost us a win.

I'm glad you are not our coach.

So Matt Little cost us the game tonight is what you are saying. The other 21 players were brilliant and could do no wrong and yet Little was the one who cost us a win.

I'm glad you are not our coach.

uhh what?

For the past 6 years the hawks have been able to blood alot of youth and keep the younger players out there allowing them to develop. As we are atm, pushing on a possible top 4 spot, we cant just keep Little in the side to let him develop.

I dunno where you pulled your statement from...

It was his first ever game. I haven't ever thought he would make it at AFL level. Every time I watch him play at BH he may kick 3/4 goals but he rarely has more than 6/7 touches and doesn't get the ball at ground level very often.

It was his first ever game. I haven't ever thought he would make it at AFL level. Every time I watch him play at BH he may kick 3/4 goals but he rarely has more than 6/7 touches and doesn't get the ball at ground level very often.

He debuted last year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back