Past #41: Matt McGuinness - delisted end '22 - 0 NM games/goals - thanks Matty

Remove this Banner Ad

Clarence Boy, isn’t he? Or does that count as northern for you Kingborough types?
Nah, I've just always heard the drawl called the Northern/Launceston drawl down south.

Pretty sure McGuiness is from around the same distance south as me lol. I'm in the Glenorchy municipality.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Oh to be of a bodytype and stage of life where you could work the KFC menu end to end and still not budge your belt.
It's great until you realise you're not as young as you used to be and you have skinny legs, no arse and a rapidly developing pot belly. Apparently.....

TASMANIA DEVILS

Comments from Talent Manager Craig Notman

MATT McGUINNESS (NGA rookie signing by North Melbourne): “The most impressive thing with Matt is he returned as a 19-year-old this year and made the most of the opportunity. I don’t think he had a bad game over the course of the season. He found plenty of the footy, uses it exceptionally well by foot and has some really good footy smarts.

“I think he showed this year that he can play a number of different roles, but he played predominantly back for us and I think we saw his best footy as a defender. A half-back role suits his strengths.”

Remove this Banner Ad

Back