Opinion Matt Priddis discussion.

Where do you stand on the matt priddis question?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I still cannot believe they moved to re-sign him during the season during this s**t run instead of waiting it out until the end of the season and giving him the tap on the shoulder when we finish 8th-12th and should start looking to the future, mind boggling

Sad thing for me is he's now irreparably damaging his reputation. I know some of you didn't rate him however many years ago but, as someone who was always willing to give him the benefit of the doubt and back him in, my long term opinion is now being shaped.

He's a professional football player, he's clearly a hungry guy and has played that way for most of his career. His passion for the contest is the only thing that's allowed him to play footy, because lord knows he's not getting picked on athleticism or skill. If Simmo says you're in the side, of course he's going to lace them up and give whatever is left of him. It's just that what's left of him is not AFL standard, nor has it been for a while. You can't will yourself to be faster, you can't will the younger mids to be slower. I'm sure he's killing himself for us every time he goes out there, but he's just done. It's damaging how I will look back on Matt Priddis and that is really upsetting.

Please Simmo, just get him out of the side and let him play a role with the younger mids, you're doing a disservice to someone who has made a champion career out of nothing.

Sad thing for me is he's now irreparably damaging his reputation. I know some of you didn't rate him however many years ago but, as someone who was always willing to give him the benefit of the doubt and back him in, my long term opinion is now being shaped.

He's a professional football player, he's clearly a hungry guy and has played that way for most of his career. His passion for the contest is the only thing that's allowed him to play footy, because lord knows he's not getting picked on athleticism or skill. If Simmo says you're in the side, of course he's going to lace them up and give whatever is left of him. It's just that what's left of him is not AFL standard, nor has it been for a while. You can't will yourself to be faster, you can't will the younger mids to be slower. I'm sure he's killing himself for us every time he goes out there, but he's just done. It's damaging how I will look back on Matt Priddis and that is really upsetting.

Please Simmo, just get him out of the side and let him play a role with the younger mids, you're doing a disservice to someone who has made a champion career out of nothing.
This sums me up too. Thanks for putting in far more effort than I did.

I still cannot believe they moved to re-sign him during the season during this s**t run instead of waiting it out until the end of the season and giving him the tap on the shoulder when we finish 8th-12th and should start looking to the future, mind boggling
He had a trigger clause in his contract for another year club had no choice .

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just like Daisy Thomas had a trigger clause in his contract, but they mutually agreed to cut it. Matt could have taken the high road too.

This is a car crash unfurling around us. It's deplorable.

Just like Daisy Thomas had a trigger clause in his contract, but they mutually agreed to cut it. Matt could have taken the high road too.

This is a car crash unfurling around us. It's deplorable.
Its one mistake to have a trigger clause.

An even bigger screw up is too keep playing him.

Is he b beyond dropping is he? Then the muppets upstairs look like even bigger fools, and we can't have that.

Whoever put that in his last contract is a ****ing moron. He was always going to fall off a cliff given his lack of pace and skill. Woeful list management.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back