Opinion Matt Priddis discussion.

Where do you stand on the matt priddis question?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
source?

He's gonna end up as a scott thompson.
Priddis would actually a suit a team like GWS. they have enough speed to cover his deficiencies but his experience, grunt work and worth ethic would bring a lot for. The work ethic, professionalism and preparation a lone should interest GWS. Wayne Carey described GWS having a talented list but not a great team yet and i think they believe that hype them selves and someone like Priddis could really help em out.

Interviewed after the Port game and was asked in this form you might have to continue on ....Pridda replied we'll see or similar . 7Sport tonight saying about the Crows offer plus many other clubs interested .
Reckon Pridda is staying put with a third child due soon but his form has been good and Don't Pyke would be who Simmo is to Sam Mitchell .

I reckon you'd be mad to bother, he's playing decent footy at best and has been poor for 85% of the year. Different to Mitchell who was excellent last year, or Petrie who had a specific role in mind.

Plus I want Priddis to hang around to skipper our stand alone side.
Im in your camp but im not gonna put it past Pyke tho. He'd go after a few names like rockliff and gibbs and as a fall back, he might get Priddis as player coach. Adelaide them selves have had a pretty healthy midfield group but a long time injury to one of their mids could potentially derail them and some one like Matty for one season ain't a bad idea.

source?

He's gonna end up as a scott thompson.
Priddis would actually a suit a team like GWS. they have enough speed to cover his deficiencies but his experience, grunt work and worth ethic would bring a lot for. The work ethic, professionalism and preparation a lone should interest GWS. Wayne Carey described GWS having a talented list but not a great team yet and i think they believe that hype them selves and someone like Priddis could really help em out.

https://thewest.com.au/sport/west-coast-eagles/priddis-offered-lifeline-at-crows-bc-5573341080001
:rolleyes:

Thought in general he was good but two plays really stood out.

High loose ball coming in near Port's attacking 50, Priddis was perfectly placed to cut it off or at least make a contest out of it, barely even seemed to be trying to get there. Wasn't late in the game.

The other one was worse. Looked like he didn't tell Redden(?) when he was about to be run down from behind (although he might not have been heard).

If that's unnecessary nitpicking then fair enough, I did think he played a decent game overall, but I nearly lost my s**t at those two.
I remember those two incidents and watched both a couple of times. In the latter one Priddis clearly did not call Redden before he was run down....amazing really. I think your assessment is right, it was a fair game only from him as he turned it over quite a bit but did do a few good things as well

Always have been and always will be a huge Pridda fan, would hate to see him go to another club, I guess I'd feel how the Hawk and Roo supporters did when Sam and Drew joined us but wouldn't begrudge him as the blokes given his all for the Eagles.

Can you imagine the impact he would have on Matt Crouch?

"So Matt, I see you've learnt how to kick much more accurate flat passes now, but your kicking efficiency needs work. Next time you get the ball, try kicking it as high as you can. This gives all of your forwards enough time to reach the fall of the ball"
I think he went to the Billy Brownless school of kicking

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can you imagine the impact he would have on Matt Crouch?

"So Matt, I see you've learnt how to kick much more accurate flat passes now, but your kicking efficiency needs work. Next time you get the ball, try kicking it as high as you can. This gives all of your forwards enough time to reach the fall of the ball"
when you have a forward line of jenkins, tex, mcgovern as marking options and at their feet the likes of betts and cameron; then that ain't a bad idea to be honest.

He's cooked.

Petrie filled a need. With the Crouch brothers, what need would they have for him? Silly season has started.
In my opinion earlier in the season Priddis was playing under endurance as think it took him quite awhile to get over the back surgery he had in the off-season, and has now just started to play injury free again? Just my 2c worth!

In my opinion earlier in the season Priddis was playing under endurance as think it took him quite awhile to get over the back surgery he had in the off-season, and has now just started to play injury free again? Just my 2c worth!
Under endurance?

Thats a new one

Ranks up there with "a cup of chino"
And "to all intensive purposes"

My ocd muscle is spasming

Under duress is what you were searching for.

Yuck

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back