Opinion Matt Priddis discussion.

Where do you stand on the matt priddis question?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

We really have to start preparing for Priddis' retirement. Is that Redden, Sheed?
Gotta hope one of them but Nelson has more spunk at the moment meaning he wants the ball , Sheed is the one most likely but he is more a finisher . No player will get as much as the ball as Priddis has , its going to be needed to shared and that may not be a bad thing .

Share :rainbow:
Pretty dire situation when you think about it, isn't it?

Hoping for Nelson, Redden, or one-contested-possession Sheed to become our #1 on-baller in the next year or two doesn't suggest our premiership window will be open for very long.

Puts all the "this year's first rounder and next year's first rounder for Lobb" talk into perspective as well...

Nelson reminds me of sloane a bit. Im hoping he puts on 5kgs in the off season but then again coxy is our midfield coach and he won't learn much in terms of his midfield coach.

Nelson reminds me of sloane a bit. Im hoping he puts on 5kgs in the off season but then again coxy is our midfield coach and he won't learn much in terms of his midfield coach.
Doesn't matter who he's like mate, gets one game then sent straight back to the WAFL.

Doesn't matter who he's like mate, gets one game then sent straight back to the WAFL.
yeah its a shame. Simmo and mc have their favourites. I think next season nelson should be the preffered 23 man over hutchings in the squad is fully fit. Duggan to go back to playing as a half back flanker that moves through the middle at times.

Sloane is miles ahead of Priddis in every footballing attribute.

that's so ironic and indicative of this discussion . It was Shuey who busted open that game literally against North and was massive the whole game. Priddis, yes he kicked that goal but he was stinking it up & a witchers hat the whole game.

Originally my point was it can be the hype or stats of players we actually don't watch much which elevates their ratings.. Who did they interview at the end of that Norf game too? Not Shuey.

But if you want to compare Priddis to Sloane it's a no contest. Sloane is better equipped than Priddis in every physical football attribute easily.

So if you get the most of something you're automatically the best at it? Bout the only stat or metric like that which works is actually that sexy goal kicking % eff graphic they do on TV from certain spots in front of goal. Tackling for example.. Priddis isn't this unique tackling beast whatsoever. He's so often 2nd to the ball turtle tackling his opponent in a stoppage crazy league we have. Has he ever run down tackled someone in his life? He gets the most kicks or handballs in game - physically is the best at it? don't think so.

His x factor??? please tell us more?? wot is he on the TV show?

So running tackles are the only thing that matters? Ok, sure.

I'm sorry if I rate a player from the team I love higher then another player from a team I hate.

Can we leave it at that? I don't feel like arguing anymore.

So running tackles are the only thing that matters? Ok, sure.

I'm sorry if I rate a player from the team I love higher then another player from a team I hate.

Can we leave it at that? I don't feel like arguing anymore.

fair enough dude, spose at least that's honest and passionate.
no hard feelings/nothing personal

#loveisallaround

I prefer priddis to Sloane cause he won a brownlow.

And that makes it 3 for us.

One of the attribute priddis wins over Sloane hands down is consistency. Even when we are getting belted priddis still had his 25+. Whereas Sloane has a tendency to drift out of games, maybe not this year but from what I've seen over the years.

Can't fault him for that at least.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Priddis>kerr
wnIaRyJ.gif

Fun fact, Pridgod is only 30 tackles away from nailing Lenny Hayes' all time tackling record. With an avg of 6.69 tackles per game, he will make short order of it. No one is even close that could knock him off as most have retired, or will very soon be retiring.

Fun fact, Pridgod is only 30 tackles away from nailing Lenny Hayes' all time tackling record. With an avg of 6.69 tackles per game, he will make short order of it. No one is even close that could knock him off as most have retired, or will very soon be retiring.

Aahhhh so that's why he didn't retire this year

Random fact: His fourth place finish was his 10th top ten finish. Only Guy McKenna (11) has more. He's placed in the top ten every year since 2007.

It was his 8th time in the top five, and his worst finish since 2012.
So basically you're saying he's on the decline... :worried:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back