Opinion Matt Priddis discussion.

Where do you stand on the matt priddis question?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not looking to Mitchell to be a game winner for us (although that would be welcomed), I think what he will provide is some education how to play to a ruck that isn't NN. E.g. help us become less reliant on NN having a huge impact and win proper hard ball and dominate even when the ruck is losing.
This i can agree with.

My criteria for "Champion" is the reality there's nothing you can really do to curb their influence. Priddis.. you can tag him all you want but at the fall of the ball there's nothing anyone can do to stop him because he's the strongest son of a bitch in any pack. Likewise Mitchell is the smartest.

Bookmark it these two are champions as long as they stay fit will average 50-60 possessions between them every week. As long as Priddis's handball and tackle counts are high his and Mitchells lack of speed can be countered by our drive out of stoppages to our ball carriers.

Last edited:
Their whole game plan revolves around chocking the contest with players then throwing flicking the ball to the next man in the chain. A

Yep! Was furious when they were playing us and there weren't called. Surprised none of the coaches called it in press conferences to pressure the umps.

If you watch the dogs play their inside ball winners do not break packs they use their fast hands to extract to the maul. It's not like they run through the pack ala Dangerfield etc, they dissect a pack through their ball movement. Their whole game plan revolves around chocking the contest with players then throwing flicking the ball to the next man in the chain. As soon as you break that chain or they lose their ability to move it that way (all it takes is a few injuries which we saw a few games prior to the finals) they are sunk. Come 2017 teams will be absolutely targeting their game by blocking that movement. They will not get free pass next year.

Now from our perceptive our issue was winning the hard ball in the first place not moving it forward. Now we have Mitchell to help out Priddis (or the other way around), we are free to structure up similar to the Dogs (if we choose) because we have the players on the outside. Our inside guys don't need to be quick they just have to have fast hands and make the right decisions to get the ball loose to advantage. In this regard Mitchell is elite, arguably the best in the comp. Also with his guidance our 2nd and 3rd string midfield should hopefully take the next step giving us a chance to bust the comp open.

TL;DR inside mids don't need to be quick, they need get first hands to extract the ball to advantage so our runners can move it forward with purpose.

yahuh. Their handball was/is next level. AND none of them are SLOW.. none! Playing one (mitchell) let alone two players so slow - Priddis being worst I've ever seen.. in the MVP centre positions is too risky.
Where we also have a problem is our defensive web (the difference is). The Doggs can scurry and swarm to contests because they also play more man on man DEE. And none of them are slow plodders. Our blokes are too far spaced apart in the web, so when one of our blokes intercepts or wins a contest he's on his own. If his fellow WEB-slingers are slow its even worse because they can't get across in time to help. It's also super easy for the opposition to pick up the helper trail em and then smash the living bajebuzz out of them when the panicked pressured hospital handball comes. Same happens on a fast break rebound from the opposition.

Priddis is just doesn't have any other attributes to make up for being so slow. When he is pressured or caught he can't evade like Mitchell does to get that extra second and to dispose of the ball in the first place, let alone be able to actually execute said disposal to advantage . So he bombs it. That s**t just has to stop. Gaff included. Mitchell is able to do those things. Priddis offers nothing extra like that. At least Masten can kick the footy, he can run all day. Hutchings can run and chase and is certainly no worse in his disposal.. he kicks goals.

Priddis is easily the weakest link in our midfield even more so now with Mitchell around. He can't replicate what Mitchell can do, can't be rotated anywhere else, offers zero in defense; so he's a wasted player. So I don't see it as "Mitchell helping Priddis" whatsoever. Priddis is the hindrance. As kranky al said.. it makes no sense to "double" up from one slow s**t bloke to another slow awesome disposal bloke. Like you can get afforded that luxury anyway in today's game

The only possibility (and reality unfortunately because they won't dump Priddis) is playing Mitchell where Masten is. Why bother. Just go Mitchell in the Centre with Shuey and Yeo. Sheed, Dugg, Redden & Wellingham as your other rotating mids. Darling too!

Last edited:
This back surgery may affect priddis fitness. We may not see him for the first few rounds.

Be interesting if this is the case how Mitchell is played without priddis.

in the centre in Priddis' spot where he should be all year cause he's 100X better
My god we'd see some football. Mitchell to shuey on the burst rather than priddis to shueys feet so he has to stop and get tackled.

How long have these nightmares been occurring ???
Well, I've never talked about him in my sleep but often have nightmares of him choosing the wrong option or missing targets.

I just don't know what it all means....

Is he strawberry blonde or ginger?

Dreaming of ginger/red headed people is meant to mean a good idea at work. I can only hope it's that, if I talk about him again tonight the Mrs might start asking awkward questions.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well, I've never talked about him in my sleep but often have nightmares of him choosing the wrong option or missing targets.

I just don't know what it all means....

Is he strawberry blonde or ginger?

Dreaming of ginger/red headed people is meant to mean a good idea at work. I can only hope it's that, if I talk about him again tonight the Mrs might start asking awkward questions.

any evil clowns in there??
evilclows.jpg

Last edited:
This never gets old.. and some new material to load into ya Noggin for your dreams...

"big leagues" hey, just one or two years before the VFL was that hard up it needed West Coast and Brisbane to save it? ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back