Roast Matt Rendell Vendetta against Collingwood

Remove this Banner Ad

Thought the Hare Krishna's were deal
Hare Krishnas are generous, entertaining and colourful and don't seek to convert. Go to a Sikh temple and they will give anyone who attends their temple a meal, just as they have been providing food packages here for the needy during covid, and they don't want you to become a Sikh. If you are not borne a Hindu, you can't subsequently become one, but I have always found them hospitable when you visit their temple. Buddhists are not interested in converting though many westerners have willingly become Buddhist as they are attracted by some of their practices and philosophy. Extreme Muslims are in a category of their own.
They were always fun, a cacophony of sound and colour, oh hare rama oh hare krishna

Hare Krishnas are generous, entertaining and colourful and don't seek to convert. Go to a Sikh temple and they will give anyone who attends their temple a meal, just as they have been providing food packages here for the needy during covid, and they don't want you to become a Sikh. If you are not borne a Hindu, you can't subsequently become one, but I have always found them hospitable when you visit their temple. Buddhists are not interested in converting though many westerners have willingly become Buddhist as they are attracted by some of their practices and philosophy. Extreme Muslims are in a category of their own.

Whatever your belief , one should not go out specifically to convert someone, be it door knocking or handing out pamphlets, as a means of a way to indoctrinate another with their beliefs, it is by saying what you mean and mean what you say, if your actions do not prove the truth of your words, then your words are nothing more than lies, Truth is like the sun. You can shut it out for a while, but it ain`t goin away.

Problem with this style of thinking is that people like me seeking to do the right thing will say 'fu** it', I am always going to be labelled a racist, so I may as well become what they think I am anyway. What you have just said to me is bullshit, and makes it impossible to have a reasonable discussion about this issue.
Mate the racist card gets thrown around so easily these days. Lost all its relevance. Couldn’t give 2 hoots if some eternally offended woke person calls me racist.

I love how woke (enlightened) got turned around to be some kind of morons burn by Trump and his hillbillies

Just trawled through this post and discovered that nothing has changed in the past 12 months. I have better things to do with my time than read lectures on what to think or how to behave.

This was once a place where we discussed footy and in particular Collingwood.

Nothing anyone ever writes on a sports talk forum is ever going to change a single view on anything.

I have better things to do with my life .

Ooroo

Just trawled through this post and discovered that nothing has changed in the past 12 months. I have better things to do with my time than read lectures on what to think or how to behave.

Nothing anyone ever writes on a sports talk forum is ever going to change a single view on anything.

Ooroo
Perhaps like me, if you are not seen as part of the solution, you can at least take pride in being part of the problem. I am over the whole debate because it has become a one sided discussion in which only those people prepared to accept the 'protected attributes' that effectively stifle discussion have a legitimate voice.

Rendall just calls things as they are. Lets be honest what part of Ned Guy's performance in role as List manager are people happy with?
The part where most of the damage was already done and he was appointed to be the fall (wait for it) guy, I'm sure the real perpetrators are pretty chuffed.

On the upside if McInnes Henry McMahon McCreery Macrea Ginnivan Faye and whoever we get in the mid season draft come good we'll be lauding him and Hine as saviours

Ooroo

That’s one point of view for some folks and a very fair one.

Another point of view is that other folks find these social issues more interesting than the incessant “sack Buckley” “Sidebottom is cooked” “Why is WHE still on our list?” “Callum Brown will never make it” stuff.

We recently lost the President of 23 years over the mishandling of the things discussed in this thread. It matters, even if some folks don’t care.

Last edited:
That’s one point of view for some folks and a very fair one.

Another point of view is that other folks find these social issues more interesting than the incessant “sack Buckley” “Sidebottom is cooked” “Why is WHE still on our list?” “Callum Brown will never make it” stuff.

We recently lost the President of 23 years over the mishandling of this stuff. It matters, even if some folks don’t care.

Agreed.

I sympathise with the post you've replied to, that these issues can seem to go round in pointless circles.

But the notion that the issues aren't relevant to a Collingwood board is an odd one, given how relevant these issues have been in recent times to a Collingwood board...

They're obviously relevant to Collingwood and to the AFL more broadly.

On another point, I have had my mind changed as a result of discussions on this board. My antipathy to pineapple is staunch, but on other matters I have been swayed on issues of significance, while in other matters I have gained perspectives I didn't have before.

It doesn't happen often, but it can happen. Conversation matters.

Whatever your belief , one should not go out specifically to convert someone, be it door knocking or handing out pamphlets, as a means of a way to indoctrinate another with their beliefs, ...

Does that extend to nation states? Do you think western nations should stay out of China’s domestic issues with human rights?

On another point, I have had my mind changed as a result of discussions on this board. ... I have been swayed on issues of significance, while in other matters I have gained perspectives I didn't have before.
Conversation matters.

+1. Me too. Sometimes being exposed to different point of view changes minds. Sometimes it sharpens debating skills.

Mate the racist card gets thrown around so easily these days. Lost all its relevance. Couldn’t give 2 hoots if some eternally offended woke person calls me racist.

Big bad Matty Rendell cried for 30 hours when he got called racist.

Interestingly not one of his "500" friends that he refers to supported his comments.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Eddie said some racist stuff. He apologized. HE altered his behavior. People can and should change.

The goal is to eliminate racism, not celebrate being less racist.

Um, im not sure if you aware of how family trees work but generally you might find they expand....

I'm not sure of where you are going with your example but that person would be correct in saying they have Scottish heritage even as an Australian born citizen?
Having a goal to eliminate racism is as ridiculous as saying we have a goal to eliminate bullying. There is no way to eliminate behaviours which have been a part of the human DNA since mankind came into existence. The best we can do is have less racism and less bullying. Can you point to any location on earth where either of these scourges no longer exist?

Big bad Matty Rendell cried for 30 hours when he got called racist.

Interestingly not one of his "500" friends that he refers to supported his comments.
Yes. That says more about his 'friends" than it does about him. Cowards are always exposed when the s**t hits the fan.

IMO ...

... it’s about identity. Who are we as a culture? It’s a conversation that we have with ourselves all the time. It continuously evolves. IMO the current problems with reconciliation are that it continues to be a discussion about ‘us’ and ‘them’ ... from both sides.

Look at NZ - sure, the are people who are ethnically Maori, but despite that, Maori culture is embraced and owned by all New Zealander’s, regardless of ethnicity.

IMO reconciliation won’t work in this country until Indigenous culture is accepted by a critical mass of non-indigenous folks as part of their own national identity, and that the indigenous community are prepared to let that happen.
Very observant.

However, I feel like a group of loud non-indigenous Australians would label the rest of the non-indigenous Australians as racist or appropriating indigenous culture for embracing the said indigenous culture.

But they don't go door to door in foreign countries converting people. Christians have the missionary business all to themselves.
Love your posting but...religious conversion is not only by way of missionaries. For example, in Malaysia:

As Islam is the religion of the Federation, converts to Islam are allowed to convert their children to Islam without having to consider the approval of his spouse.

Conversely, the state banishes and sanctions non-Muslim proselytism, but encourages conversions to Islam and remunerates them in order to facilitate the reduction of the non-Muslim population within the nation. Among the new rights provided to converts, if they have child/children, they have the right to convert their children by force to Islam, without having to consider the approval of his spouse.

I would argue that that is worse than a Buddhist missionary asking you to convert - you can simply say no...it is not a criminal offence.

Love your posting but...religious conversion is not only by way of missionaries. For example, in Malaysia:

As Islam is the religion of the Federation, converts to Islam are allowed to convert their children to Islam without having to consider the approval of his spouse.

Conversely, the state banishes and sanctions non-Muslim proselytism, but encourages conversions to Islam and remunerates them in order to facilitate the reduction of the non-Muslim population within the nation. Among the new rights provided to converts, if they have child/children, they have the right to convert their children by force to Islam, without having to consider the approval of his spouse.

I would argue that that is worse than a Buddhist missionary asking you to convert - you can simply say no...it is not a criminal offence.
It's worse but it's Islamic people seeking to convert within an Islamic country, where the government already reflects Islamic principles, and preferential treatment is given to Malayan and original inhabitants. Extreme Islamic elements are in a category of their own and Malaysia's situation almost places it in that list of countries and organisations. They are not like the missionaries sent out by our churches to convert the heathen masses.

It's worse but it's Islamic people seeking to convert within an Islamic country, where the government already reflects Islamic principles, and preferential treatment is given to Malayan and original inhabitants. Extreme Islamic elements are in a category of their own and Malaysia's situation almost places it in that list of countries and organisations. They are not like the missionaries sent out by our churches to convert the heathen masses.

I was under the impression that you were going to remove yourself or step back from this discussion... It is awesome to see you've fired back up!

Perhaps they simply didn't agree with him?
I've been alive long enough to see how most people respond when there is the slightest chance they may be attacked, tarnished, isolated, bullied or mocked if they stand by a friend who has been designated an "untouchable'. It's another human trait which will sadly always be with us, just like bullying and racism.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back