Matt Renshaw

Remove this Banner Ad

All have no faith. Steve Smith and Warner are mature and close to their peak now. We have gun young players, this will be like our series win over a decade ago imo.

Some pearlers reading back on this thread... I'll share this as it was directed at me - he had quoted me saying I thought Renshaw could play an important role in rebuilding the team;

Not into a good team from what I saw. He's miles off the pace.

It's actually pretty sad how far Aussie Cricket has fallen that there are people excited over this guy from that match. He was okay at best. Sticking around and scraping out runs like that won't cut it if Australia want to be great again. Like I said, looks a very limited batsmen who's miles off it.
Who'da thunk it, leading the team average on the Indian tour on our way to what looks like 2-0.

Make Straya' great again!

Last edited:
Some pearlers reading back on this thread... I'll share this as it's relevant to me - he had quoted me saying I thought Renshaw could play an important role in rebuilding the team;

Who'da thunk it, leading the team average on the Indian tour on our way to what looks like 2-0.

Make Straya' great again!
What's his average out of curiosity?

Those that thought he was underserving of his place in this team going into this tour.
Well... probably should cease posting for a while (jokes) ;)

But yeah, in all seriousness, he's proven a few wrong, has the temperament and technique for these trying conditions.

https://www.espncricinfo.com/story/...haw-dropped-queensland-sheffield-shield-squad

This could easily have happened twelve months earlier. He has time on his side, but is now a very long weay back in the pack.
Not surprisin, really. Have to eat my words, l did say earlier in the thread that he would go on to become an Australian great. Still has plenty of time on his side but as you said, a long way back. Needs to just play his game, wait for the bowlers to come to him rather than chase them (which is what Warner said when he was in the test side - big mistake and l thouht so at the time.)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Anyone heard the rumours thay he isnt well liked and almost a bit of a loner amomgst cricket circles? Surprised me he seemed like a level headed young guy to me.

They should have backed him in twice when they picked Langer's Senpai for the 2017 - 18 ashes with thay hideous slicing across the front pad technique and then Aaron Finch when he was running hot.

Those stats in the article are indefensible but I reckon he'll be back.

That's gonna be hard when he's not even in the Shield squad ...
Working on your game in shield cricket when you’ve been dropped from the shield is a novel approach, looking forward to it catching on

He'll probably be back next round when we lose Khawaja for the Aus A match and Marnus to the ODI tour anyway. Apparently will be playing the CAXI match in Hobart against the England lions on Saturday so at least he won't be sitting around twiddling his thumbs or wasting his time belting plodders in premier cricket.

He'll probably be back next round when we lose Khawaja for the Aus A match and Marnus to the ODI tour anyway. Apparently will be playing the CAXI match in Hobart against the England lions on Saturday so at least he won't be sitting around twiddling his thumbs or wasting his time belting plodders in premier cricket.

He should be told to score runs for a month, and when I mean score runs I mean really score runs. Street has been a mile better this season.

He should be told to score runs for a month, and when I mean score runs I mean really score runs. Street has been a mile better this season.
Yeh Street will open for the rest of the season. I'd still take Renshaw batting down the order than most of our other middle order options

Yeh Street will open for the rest of the season. I'd still take Renshaw batting down the order than most of our other middle order options

That serves him no purpose, he needs to get back in red ball form. Go away and belt the door down for the rest of the year. It will serve him well long term.

That serves him no purpose, he needs to get back in red ball form. Go away and belt the door down for the rest of the year. It will serve him well long term.
Playing where? There's only 1 round of 2nd XI left which doesnt start till the end of the month and he has made 3 hundreds, a double and a triple 100 in his last 5 red ball grade innings. Belting village first graders around even more isn't going to help. Trying him in the middle order for now is the best option imo

Remove this Banner Ad

Back