Toast Matt Rosa: 100 games

Remove this Banner Ad

IgnorantArmies

Debutant
Mar 13, 2011
Perf
AFL Club
West Coast
Congratulations to Matt Rosa, who should play his 100th game for the Eagles against Gold Coast on Saturday.

100 games is always a huge achievement for any player, and Rosa has been one of our most consistent players since the departure of Judd and Cousins.

He has probably been in our top-10 players this season, and hopefully he only continues to improve on the wing. Best of luck for this Saturday, and hope to see him play another 100 games.

MattRosa_420-420x0.jpg

Congrats Matty! Now, does anyone have a nickname for him?? Kinda ridiculous to get this far without one!

Good thread, I was meaning to start one but forgot :eek:

Congrats Matty! Now, does anyone have a nickname for him?? Kinda ridiculous to get this far without one!

I generally find myself calling him Rosie. Not terribly appropriate for a 6'3" footballer but there you go.

Good on him. I'm pretty sure back in about 07 when we considered Tarrant in a trade the pies wanted Rosa and a pick. Thankfully we told them to piss off as he's developed into a great player not to mention the pick we kept.
Will be an important part of our next premiership drive.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Good on him. I'm pretty sure back in about 07 when we considered Tarrant in a trade the pies wanted Rosa and a pick. Thankfully we told them to piss off as he's developed into a great player not to mention the pick we kept.
Will be an important part of our next premiership drive.

I'd forgotten about that!

Wasn't the trade going to be Rosa and our first pick? That would've been Brown and Rosa.

We were desperate for a forward at the time (we still had the midfield) but, man, did we dodge a bullet. Not that we were ever going to pull the trigger on that trade.

Gotta feel bad for Fremantle. Bet they'd love a good, young KPP right now and that draft was stacked with them.

Anyhow, well done to Petal. :thumbsu:

I'd forgotten about that!

Wasn't the trade going to be Rosa and our first pick? That would've been Brown and Rosa.

We were desperate for a forward at the time (we still had the midfield) but, man, did we dodge a bullet. Not that we were ever going to pull the trigger on that trade.

Gotta feel bad for Fremantle. Bet they'd love a good, young KPP right now and that draft was stacked with them.

Anyhow, well done to Petal. :thumbsu:
Yeah pretty sure it was our first rounder. In fairness to freo Tarrant turned into a great defender but they lost him in the end.

Yeah pretty sure it was our first rounder. In fairness to freo Tarrant turned into a great defender but they lost him in the end.

Yeah, it was the forward thing that threw people. I remember that their forward line was considered a strength at the time as Pavlich was at the peak of his powers but Connolly wanted another forward to take the attention away from Pav or whatever.

Anyway, I'll stop blabbering about Freo now.

Yeah it was a dud trade, considering they were going well with Pav (gun) and Murphy (allgeded gun, LOL) as their forward targets and Justin Longmuir still in the side.

Tarrant was never a good fit for us either, couldn't understand the interest...

I have been critical of Rosa for many years, I have to say he is now a very valuable player.

Woosha must also be congratulated for his long term judgement on Rosa.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back