Toast Matt Rosa - Welcome back as assistant coach!

Remove this Banner Ad

Has been a loyal player and, as sad as I am to see him go, I'm stoked that he'll get the chance to make the most out of his remaining years and will be a really valuable player for the Suns. Good luck Matty!

Another non WA player leaving us, not happy as i think he was an important part for a premiership push. Ebert, Judd, Selwood and Rosa are pretty handy players. I think that to pick the best available regaurdless of location is now very dangerous. W A players are now at a premium for us, perhaps why we wanted Sheed over Aish.
Yep, Rosa going home to the Gold Coast should change our drafting philosophy completely.

Another non WA player leaving us, not happy as i think he was an important part for a premiership push. Ebert, Judd, Selwood and Rosa are pretty handy players. I think that to pick the best available regaurdless of location is now very dangerous. W A players are now at a premium for us, perhaps why we wanted Sheed over Aish.

Um you really can't put Judd in the same class as the other players. He's more than "pretty handy".

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Matt Rosa will go on to win the next 3 brownlows and captain the suns to their first premiership in 2017.

#offseasonpredictions

Seems like a nice guy but honestly...

A 190 cm wingman should be hitting the scoreboard.

39 goals from 168 games.

Less than 4 goals a season.

A solitary goal every 5 matches.

You simply can't let players like that play out careers well into their 30s.

I think pick 31 is adequate. He maybe should have been utilised as a half back earlier.

But for sure, he was a great clubman and deserves to be remembered fondly.

a big fan of Rosa's going back to the early days. can't knock him too much for not hitting the scoreboard as i think he's been one of our best at 'playing his role' as asked throughout his career. always seemed like a good clubman and well-liked teammate and i was glad he re-signed the last contract when it seemed likely he would head back east.

can't blame him for reading the signs on the wall this time around but it makes you wonder how a team like the hawks keep all that quality depth happy playing at box hill. still, he's a well-established afl player by now, not an emerging youngster or a recycled veteran (actually, i suppose that's exactly what he is now).

all the best at the suns matty! thanks for everything.

Damn. A quality player. Like Lecca & Hurn one of the players around in 06 that most wish would have their turn. Goddamn that grand final was disappointing.

An absolute legend.

Great clubman, gave his all and he bled blue and gold right till the end. Was a very decent player too.

He saw the writing on the wall though once Jetta and Redden were traded in and to his credit requested a trade as he just wants to play football which is fair enough....

Hope he dominates at the Gold Coast every game.....except against us ;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Was his decision to leave based in anyway on being sub in the PF and GF? He sounded pretty damn ropable about it.

Quality player and the ultimate clubman. People forget he was one of the select few that kept the club going through the drug saga and was important in our success in 11/12. He has recognised that he is no longer in the best 22 and is doing himself and the club a service by moving on. The Suns are going to benefit greatly from his experience and commitment. Pity he could not taste the ultimate success with us because he certainly deserves it. Good luck Matt.

Yup great player but I reckon at 28-29 next year we are letting him go at the right time

We've got depth now ...him and Selwood won't be missed that much

But he's been great but let's focus on Duggan, Jetta redden ....I like

Sheed will be silky this year

we got overs for him really. was only really ever a fringe player throughout his career.

best of luck though. he certainly hasn't been the biggest spud in our side in recent years.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back