Toast Matt Rosa - Welcome back as assistant coach!

Remove this Banner Ad

Pretty good effort for Rosa to get to 200 games. Will be joined by Masto as two of the least damaging outside mids to crack 200.

44 goals in 200 games as a wingman.

bit harsh. he took a long time to get going and i think a lot of fans forget his better work over a handful of seasons. he really found a willingness for the hard footy somewhere along the way too, a bit like sheppard.

bit harsh. he took a long time to get going and i think a lot of fans forget his better work over a handful of seasons. he really found a willingness for the hard footy somewhere along the way too, a bit like sheppard.
injuries ruined his career. Its a fair effort for him to reach 200 imo and at times i thought he would never get there.

What's harsh about it? He's a great bloke and worked his butt off, but you don't see many wingmen in the comp play 200 games averaging only three or four goals a season.

He was actually a bloody good tough winger - just took him a few games to hit his staps after injuries - he wasnt one of those hit the ground running types - but 3-4 games down the track he would dominate - if it hadnt been for the injuries i reckon hed have been an a-
A-? Never had that potential.

C+ for me, decent solid player who got the most out of himself.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A-? Never had that potential.

C+ for me, decent solid player who got the most out of himself.
If you looked at the bracket of games he played 3-4 games after recovering from injury he just got better and better - by the time he got injured again he was easy top 3 in most games - then bang - calf muscle - out for 5 weeks

If he HADNT had the consistent injuries he WOULD have been a good a-

As he DID have tge injury problems you are correct c+

If you looked at the bracket of games he played 3-4 games after recovering from injury he just got better and better - by the time he got injured again he was easy top 3 in most games - then bang - calf muscle - out for 5 weeks

If he HADNT had the consistent injuries he WOULD have been a good a-

As he DID have tge injury problems you are correct c+
We're arguing semantics here but Rosa would never have been A- even without injuries.

My mind might be playing tricks here, but he played a number of very good games when thrown into the guts did he not?

One of his best games for the club was that 2015 QF and I'm sure he played mostly in the guts that night.

My mind might be playing tricks here, but he played a number of very good games when thrown into the guts did he not?

One of his best games for the club was that 2015 QF and I'm sure he played mostly in the guts that night.

I thought we definitely missed his bigger build in 2016 where we just looked weak over the contested ball in some of the games during the season we lost to the top 4 sides, ie Geelong, Hawthorn

Rosa has announced his retirement. He was a handy player for us and probably didn't need to leave at the end of 2015. But the pick we got from the Suns allowed us to draft Tom Cole, so that worked out pretty well. Regardless, he was a fine player.

Making him sub for the grand final was a really poor decision. We would have lost anyway on hindsight, but another experienced body out there who would put his head over the ball wouldn't have hurt.

His game in the 2015 QF was superb and his reward was to be the sub for the next two games.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back