Toast Matt Rosa

Remove this Banner Ad

Was surprised he didn't come closer to winning the Roscoe today, he has had a great season, still hugely underrated by some.

One of my favourite players, so a toast for Matt Rosa! :thumbsu:

rosa2009.jpg

Would've traded him at the end of last year

...has been brilliant this year and was robbed of the medal today. Great to see him turn it around

Great game by rosa and its great how he has continued to improve year after year after year and is now a very accomplished player. I would say i love him but then i couldn't whisper into the mrs ear i love you jack darling!

Hey, Rosa would not be in my best 45, but tonight I dine on humble pie, you were great rosa:D:D maybe some players take time to do anything good:p:p:p p.s drunk on derby love

feel safe when the ball is in his hands.
very smart around the footy and you back him in a one on one.

does his job week in week out,
nothing too flash but plays his role

His kicking is very accurate and neat now. He's also very consistent. Should be up there in our club F&B award.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

1 or 2 years ago he just became fearless, i've loved him for the past 2 years and he's still underrated. He and butler feature highly in my favourtite players list.
This. Big fan of both of them.
Rosa and Butler are probably the two most consistent players in our 22.
The Braun and Banfield of our current crop.

Have always liked Rosa, as he busts his gut and always provided us with great run on the wing and constantly gets possesions too, was always just his kicking and wanting to compete in 1 on 1 contests that he needed to improve and he has done that last year and so far this season.

Great game today and expecting him to be up their in our best and fairest this season due to consistency :thumbsu:

braun is a great comparison, not so much in playing style but the fact he's always there, you always feel comfortable when he has the ball, good composure and lots of run. I think rosa is a tiny bit better inside though.

Continued to improve, all credit to him. Agreed with you fellas, very Braun-like. Has a bit of vintage Braun about him with the run n carry, then convert from 40-45 for a goal.

His cover defence today was a highlight.

In the last Lecca's opponent ran of him and was away, Rosa started a 50 metre chase to cover for him, was brilliant.

Deserves to win a B&F the way he is playing now, and is one of those consistent role playing types who probably should pick one up by the end of his career. Very underrated, thought he was great today

i've always been a rosa fan, he's improved massively since the start of 2010. his toughness is definitely one of the noted areas where that's stemmed from.

you can pretty much mark him down for 24-28 touches a week, i thought he was best on ground (for wce) today too.

for him to take the next step, he has to start kicking more goals. with such a nice kick, he should be more damaging on the scoreboard.

Continues to improve, his run is so important just needs to get a little more harder, bit soft I feel at times.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back