Official Club Stuff Matt Suckling extends to play another season (2020)

Remove this Banner Ad

Experienced defender Matt Suckling has re-signed with the Western Bulldogs. The one-year contract extension will keep the 31-year-old at VU Whitten Oval until at least the end of 2020.

Sep 27, 2011
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
New York Yankees
When I think of Matthew Suckling I think of a man who has been played out of position most of the year
and did it with a smile on his face for the benefit of the team.
Amen brother and how good was he back where he belongs

Nov 29, 2018
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Memphis Grizzlies
Not too surprised as he's had a very good year, but it'll be interesting to see if he continues to be the defender that's pushed to a forward flank or if he manages to hold down his best position over some others.

As always it doesn't really matter as we won't always have so few injuries that it's a problem. Good to have a mature head stick around.

Oct 4, 2004
Essendon
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
MAN U/BROOKLYN NETS
Anyone else slightly surprised by this?

I was a little as I thought he was starting to be week to week proposition with his body. Has had more than his niggles.

I fear another year to Suckling means we lose a 22 year old Williams who I rate.

SirBont

All Australian
Apr 2, 2019
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Hopefully doesn’t make us want to get another’s one like him Issac smith who I really hope we don’t get him but see how it plays

(Log in to remove this ad.)

bobs head soup

Peanuts Peanuts
Sep 14, 2015
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
I was a little as I thought he was starting to be week to week proposition with his body. Has had more than his niggles.

I fear another year to Suckling means we lose a 22 year old Williams who I rate.
He's played 16 of 20 this year so his body is still holding up fairly well

Back