Oppo Camp Matt Watson

Remove this Banner Ad

number23

Team Captain
Aug 19, 2009
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Does anyone know what the deal is with Carlton's Matt Watson? He was a first round Draft Pick as a CHB and was an AA U18. He is a big boy and can kick a mile. The only knock that I heard on him was his lack of leg speed. He seems to be rotting in the Carlton 2's. Anyone got any other info? He seems the likely type that we need when Lake retires.

I recall that a lot of people thought we would draft him with our first pick. I don't think we would have even if had still be available. He'd probably go alright against some of the resting ruckmen, but his lack of pace and agility leave him poorly suited to the game as it is played today. Maybe if he became a genius reader of the play or something, but on the whole I say no thanks.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pick 10 wasn't he? We blew consecutive pick 6's on KP talent that didnt pan out. C'est la vie.

Pick #18 as a matter of fact.
Has played some very good games at VFL level but unfortunately the two bad games he has played were televised. :)

Was best for Carlton last week playing exclusively on Gumbleton but yes, there are question marks about him being AFL ready.
Having said that he hasn't yet turned 21, so there may be time to get his body in the best shape to make his mark.

Pick #18 as a matter of fact.
Has played some very good games at VFL level but unfortunately the two bad games he has played were televised. :)

Was best for Carlton last week playing exclusively on Gumbleton but yes, there are question marks about him being AFL ready.
Having said that he hasn't yet turned 21, so there may be time to get his body in the best shape to make his mark.
thanks for your response but i don't think we will be looking at defenders or forwards to be honest it will be midfielders we will be going after

Remove this Banner Ad

Back