2nds Matthew Allen Or Jarrod Brander

Which tall do you want replacing Darling?

• Brander

Votes: 40 78.4%
  • Allen

Votes: 11 21.6%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

avishka5

150 game legend.
10k Posts A Star Wars Fan Zombie Lover
Sep 1, 2014
Perth SOR
AFL Club
West Coast
Who comes in for JD if we decide to replace Jack with a tall.

Im probably going to go against the grain and say Allen. Allen to me has an AFL ready body to compete with the bigger KPD's in the comp. Secondly he has a better record in front of the sticks compared to Brander. He also averages 3 tackles a game this season and I think that sort of defensive pressure is what we need in the forward line.

I rate Brander much higher but atm I have Allen in the side replacing Jack.

Who comes in for JD if we decide to replace Jack with a tall.

Im probably going to go against the grain and say Allen. Allen to me has an AFL ready body to compete with the bigger KPD's in the comp. Secondly he has a better record in front of the sticks compared to Brander. He also averages 3 tackles a game this season and I think that sort of defensive pressure is what we need in the forward line.

I rate Brander much higher but atm I have Allen in the side replacing Jack.

Agreed. Allen's been on the list for 3 years now, had an awful run with injury, and now that he's finally got a chance to show his wares, he's doing fantastically.

He's easily more deserving of a debut. There should be no rush with Brander when he's contracted for 4+ years.

Coming up against Sydney who are so good defensively- they did struggle against Curnow in the air at times on Friday night- he was too athletic.

So to try to exploit that my vote is for Brander. But I would also be thrilled for Allen if he got the nod as well. He would be deserving of a debut.

It’s not just the aerial threat that Darling brings, its also his leading patterns to draw men away from our other forwards plus his footy nous we will miss. Was noticeable after he went down the saints forwards just gravitated towards JK whenever the ball went forward.

Mallen has to get the nod ,could be his last chance to get an afl game(for us anyway)

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

I reckon Darling will be good to go. Was jogging on it. Mild sprain hopefully and two weeks to heal.

Matty Allen for me.
The lads next in line to show if he's got the AFL Cojones.

764c9af37726b341d9e22f36ddcfc2e4.gif

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Oscar Allen might put himself in the equation also was pretty good last week .

But probably M Allen although Brander could be more then handy given an opportunity .
I'm on the fence either is okay .

Neither - we were too tall as it was - it worked because all were elite talents

I’d be more inclined to bring Ryan in and play waterman at CHF which is his natural role anyway

Lycett should be capable of playing more forward minutes and Nic will need to step up some game time

I think Biggie nailed it.
We go a small rather than a tall the SCG plays a part in this selection.

HOWEVER.

Should the MC consider a tall then it has to be My Boy :westcoast: Jarrod Brander # 10 :westcoast: he has been most consistent and has a significantly larger tank.

Neither - we were too tall as it was - it worked because all were elite talents

I’d be more inclined to bring Ryan in and play waterman at CHF which is his natural role anyway

Lycett should be capable of playing more forward minutes and Nic will need to step up some game time
Agree with this. No need for a positional CHF at SCG. Waterman to play CHF, but mainly provide a marking option across HB.

I don’t think the SCG will suit our 2 ruck set up, but we have to stick with it.

If we win this game, it will be an outstanding achievement.

Agree with this. No need for a positional CHF at SCG. Waterman to play CHF, but mainly provide a marking option across HB.

I don’t think the SCG will suit our 2 ruck set up, but we have to stick with it.

If we win this game, it will be an outstanding achievement.

Two rucks why not?

Sinclair is in good form and took some good marks deep forward and kicked two goals. Give him the challenge of taking on two rucks he wont rest forward as much and we can stretch their defense with Darling out.

Both Lycett and Nic are kicking goals as well. Why give up a major advantage and problem for the Swans to worry about?

Back