News Matthew Broadbent signs with Henley

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: I was wrong!

I think we all had those thoughts last year. Amazing what a bit of confidence can do.

How many a) elite players, b) A-graders and c) jets do you need to comprise a premiership team?

How many a) elite players, b) A-graders and c) jets do you need to comprise a premiership team?

7 elite players
5 A-graders
3 jets
2 guns
2 stars
1 legend
1 champion
1 Toby Thurstans

I never rated broadbent and couldn't understand why he kept getting games. He has certainly proved me wrong and thank Christ for that. Playing great footy!

Yeah, he has exploded in recent weeks.

Love this kid. Shaving his hair off was the best decision he ever made, clearly it was holding him back from becoming the A grader we are watching now!!

As much as we all want to see Boak, Hartlett, Gray, Wingard, Trengove and Butcher become All-Australian regulars over the remainder of their careers, it will be the ceilings that players like Broadbent, Jacobs, Young, Moore, Bradbert, Pittard, Redden and AhChee reach and maintain that will determine how quickly we challenge for finals and how long we can endure near the top of the ladder.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

*BUMP*

Get around The Cobra guys! Finally making his comeback (probably) this weekend after the chronic ankle injury that has kept him out all season so far. Will likely need a good month in SANFL to get match fit but look for him to come into the backline to provide some much needed experience late in the year. Ssssssss.

http://www.portadelaidefc.com.au/news/2018-06-25/injury-update-round-14
In promising news, defender Matthew Broadbent is expected to return from a lengthy spell in rehabilitation via the SANFL on Sunday.

Broadbent spent much of last season on the sidelines before having surgery in February to correct an ongoing ankle issue.

The experienced backman will need to complete training this week to be considered for the Magpies’ game against Norwood.

Could be handy for second half of the year. At the very least, let’s us pick between Pittard and himself depending on form.

As much as we all want to see Boak, Hartlett, Gray, Wingard, Trengove and Butcher become All-Australian regulars over the remainder of their careers, it will be the ceilings that players like Broadbent, Jacobs, Young, Moore, Bradbert, Pittard, Redden and AhChee reach and maintain that will determine how quickly we challenge for finals and how long we can endure near the top of the ladder.

Wowee that's a hell of a comment!

I really hope Broadband finds some form in the 2's. I'd love for him to come in and do an important job late in the season when we need it most. The issue with Broadbeans is the fact he's missed so much football that conditioning is going to be a huge issue for him. Plus he wasn't even in good form beforehand. However one wonders how much of that can be attributed to carrying that injury for so long.

So long as he stays off the farken winnie blues, he'll be a shot. Pittard and Bonner should be nervous.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back