News Matthew Broadbent signs with Henley

Remove this Banner Ad

Worth a bump since he's back in.

Last year I wrote him off.

This year he's made great progress to the point that I said that I'm not writing him off and that he had a chance to play at some point this season.

Whilst I'm not sure if he's 100% ready. Hopefully he lifts for the occasion.

Worth a bump since he's back in.

Last year I wrote him off.

This year he's made great progress to the point that I said that I'm not writing him off and that he had a chance to play at some point this season.

Whilst I'm not sure if he's 100% ready. Hopefully he lifts for the occasion.
He's physically as ready as he could ever be, and has been ok for most the year as that sweeper type role in most games, except the eagle nightmare.
I'm fully expecting him to be ok in that role on Saturday, but what is he going to go in tight, in the air and when the pressure is on. Also how much damage is opponent going to do..
Is an ok safe selection, but no way is it the right one..

Jenkins will be in tears. He knows if he gets in behind Broady it's a clear run to the goal square.

Broadbent would never be the last line guy. That would be Clurey and Howard, who are faster.

Broady should be replacing Bonner as the high back type that charges forward with Burton. And since Bonner never charged forward anyway, there's no great loss.

Jenkins will be in tears. He knows if he gets in behind Broady it's a clear run to the goal square.

Most teams get behind us, we push up a long way, especially when we play well.
We just need to minimise it. Hopefully Broady can hang off a bit

516808.jpg

Absolutely stoked that he's back!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Even showed abit of toe at 1 stage lol great to see him playing well again.

Brodie's back baby! ( in my best Steve Ballmer voice).

Broadie not only makes the team better when he is playing well measured on his output, but because he frees up others to play in better positions for the team.

Broadbent, Hartlett,, Jonas, Hoff and DBJ will anchor our defence for the last 2 games and maybe in September.

It means when Burton is back, he and Houston play in or around the guts and those players get the ball into their hands so they can use their kicking weapon and hit targets deep inside 50 or have shots on goal themselves.

Ebert, Wines, SPP, Drew, Atley, even Rocklif get less in their to give Houston and Burton maximum time where the action happens.

Thanks Broadie.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back