Matthew Guy. Can a mediocre leader with a 3rd rate team win government?

Sep 30, 2008
Western Victoria
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Chelsea
I would highly doubt the rumour. Whether you like it or not, Frydenberg would probably be offered a lucrative job overseas if he lost his seat. The two state seats that cover Kooyong have candidates already selected.

I'm very confident Frydenberg will not be on a ballot paper come the state election, nor will attempt to be.
But if you’ve got the burning 🔥 desire to lead the libs…this may be his chance, my source is a deluded Young Lib, but he’s fervent that it’s a live option…personally I couldn’t give a 🐀 arse

Saint

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 1, 2006
Victoria
AFL Club
Essendon
It's in the 'Early Career' section. Director sounds fancy but in those types of firms you can have the title of director even if there are more rungs above you on the org chart than there are below.

And like whatever he does after politics, I'm sure the role was obtained through networks rather than excellence.
Director at the Big 4 is about 5-10 yrs experience.

Josh doesn't need the money, he was born into wealth.

Guessing he'll get some cushy board positions to accompany his huge Parliamentary pension. Guide Dogs Vic, anyone?

Brad Goodman

His name isn't important
Oct 7, 2002
AFL Club
Collingwood
Director at the Big 4 is about 5-10 yrs experience.

Josh doesn't need the money, he was born into wealth.

Guessing he'll get some cushy board positions to accompany his huge Parliamentary pension. Guide Dogs Vic, anyone?

He had dinner with the chairman of my employer a while back. If he joins our board I'll spew up!

adogsfan5

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 12, 2020
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
The ambulance spokesperson the other day said they had 45,000 calls to triple 000 between Oct - Dec 2021 which were not emergencies.

Yep. I’m sure a portion of it is dumb people calling in when they don’t need to. (Ok dumb a little harsh, some do panic and think they’re in trouble, which I get, but most should know when to ring and when to not). I’m sure those that sent panic and fear into people about having covid hasn’t helped either.

In saying that, I’m still awaiting some form of strategy from Guy about how he’s going to assist in repairing the health system. All I see is Dan this, Dan that.

Yep. I’m sure a portion of it is dumb people calling in when they don’t need to. (Ok dumb a little harsh, some do panic and think they’re in trouble, which I get, but most should know when to ring and when to not). I’m sure those that sent panic and fear into people about having covid hasn’t helped either.

In saying that, I’m still awaiting some form of strategy from Guy about how he’s going to assist in repairing the health system. All I see is Dan this, Dan that.
its also an issue with education and alternative services

we have nurse on call but people dont ring them

you need to give people other services they can use if you want to move the load from triple 0 and then you need to promote them and educate people on using them

adogsfan5

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 12, 2020
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
its also an issue with education and alternative services

we have nurse on call but people dont ring them

you need to give people other services they can use if you want to move the load from triple 0 and then you need to promote them and educate people on using them

What kinda services would you recommend Grales? Like a health based phone service for questions etc? Online education??

You seem more on the money than Matt Guy. Not once have I seen a plan from him.

What kinda services would you recommend Grales? Like a health based phone service for questions etc? Online education??

You seem more on the money than Matt Guy. Not once have I seen a plan from him.
well nobody want to provide a plan they might have to justify cost or implement

they just want to point out the other guys failures and maybe say we'd do better

it's much easier

Jan 12, 2011
AFL Club
Collingwood
1652486119605.png

Governments lose elections & this one is sitting on a powder keg in health.
The Libs would be better off if Ms Crozier is not its member to expose the depth & width of the problems.

If Georgie Crozier is still your shadow Health Minister despite her poor performance through the lockdowns that would suggest Guy’s options are limited.

Still yet to see a strategy of how he’s going to fix things. All chest puffing as usual.

Have you been living under a rock. He has been perfectlly clear in stating his policies.

Build the East West link and stop African gangs.

Allowing faster response times for ambulances and reducing hospital admissions from gang violence. Fix that and you fix everything.

Everything is linked back to those 2 policies. I don't understand why his messaging isnt getting through!

mill204

Better off said.
Feb 8, 2021
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
If Georgie Crozier is still your shadow Health Minister despite her poor performance through the lockdowns that would suggest Guy’s options are limited.
Agree, but surely they can do better than her in a key portfolio. She struggles to string two coherent sentences together

Sep 20, 2005
Hell
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Milwaukee Bucks
Lolz Bernie Finn expelled.
Not sure what the point of pivoting away from scumbags is when they still have the same leader from the African gangs racism campaign.

Back