Matthew Guy. Can a mediocre leader with a 3rd rate team win government?

Remove this Banner Ad

Other than being generally pathetic as a leader, didn’t he promise the rwnj’s to wind back the banning of conversion therapy ?
I have no idea. My only real memory of him was when he called a presser after a poll had him really low to claim the poll was irrelevant and he had the presser in a disabled car park

It looks like the Liberal leaders in the two major states-NSW and Victoria-are on political life support, and is just waiting for someone to switch the machine off. No wonder their Labor counterparts in the two states can't believe their luck.

I wouldn't write NSW off so soon. The state LNP have the same stickiness that the state ALP enjoy in QLD.

Other than being generally pathetic as a leader, didn’t he promise the rwnj’s to wind back the banning of conversion therapy ?

Absolutely not.

I wouldn't write NSW off so soon. The state LNP have the same stickiness that the state ALP enjoy in QLD.

That's because of the toxicity of the brands of the oppositions there. Queensland it still relates to the stuff in the 1980s, NSW the Obeid stuff.

Having said that it would be extraordinary for the Coalition to win another term in NSW. They are almost at the 12 year mark.

you get that neoliberals is neoliberal capitalism aka neoliberalism yeah?

like the ALP have been that since Hawke/Keating, in fact they're the people that brought it to Australia

Of course they called it Laborism, but they aren't for a strong welfare system and haven't been since the 80s

yeah, sure labor is neoliberal. centre right maybe, but neoliberal, nup!

The truth is they are knobs. All they do is bitch and moan.

Dan is flawed, but at least he actually does something. Albo is getting s**t done left and right and has only been there for 12 weeks.

All we ever get from Dutton/Morrison/O’Brien/Guy/Tim ******* Smith/Taylor/Frydo and on and on is constant endless sooking and whining.

The Liberals offer nothing. Zero. They have no vision at all.

They are just a pack of whining ideologue sooks.

Hahaha... thanks Dan.

yeah, sure labor is neoliberal. centre right maybe, but neoliberal, nup!

Dude Labor have been neoliberals ideologically since Hawk and Keating.

They just refuse to call what they do neoliberalism because they're trying to act like they're the opposite of the coalition instead of just a different flavor of s**t

Privatizing state assets, breaking union power, weakening welfare, putting corporate needs ahead of workers, you name it Labor have done it too and voted for it when in opposition.

The shift to neoliberal principles in the federal ALP began towards the end of Whitlams career, Medicare was the last strong socially democratic thing the ALP did, and it was done in part to buy the unions off around everything else they did, whether they would have done it if they could have avoided it I don't know but don't fool yourself into thinking the ALP are actually some sort of progressive social democratic workers party, they aren't

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dan is flawed, but at least he actually does something. Albo is getting s**t done left and right and has only been there for 12 weeks.

All we ever get from Dutton/Morrison/O’Brien/Guy/Tim ******* Smith/Taylor/Frydo and on and on is constant endless sooking and whining.

Correct.

The core value of the Liberals is to pillage as much free money as possible. Just look at our $Trillon federal debt and the plebs of Australia won't see a cent of it in their lives, such as in the form of improved infrastructure or hospitals etc.

Yes Labor line their own pockets too (they're only human) but at least they still try and advance the country 80% of the time.

The last meaningful action someone from Federal Liberal did was to repeal the gun laws. They've done nothing meaningful ever since. Same can be said at state level across the country. You're only Liberal if you're in on the rort.

MG: "Dan Andrews can't keep hiding behind the excuse that IBAC are investigating this matter, he has to answer questions"

Also MG: "I'm sorry I'm not going to answer your questions when this matter is under investigation by IBAC"
I’m banned from the Andrews thread but are you able to post for me the reverse hypocrisy there?

I certainly agree here and Guy needs to go.

They are lazy too, which is where all the other stuff comes from

It’s a much bigger discussion point, but I’d argue that 90% of people don’t do important jobs, and 50% of people don’t do productive work.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

So if your work is reworking bullshit negative work done by others, is that productive?

It’s a much bigger discussion point, but I’d argue that 90% of people don’t do important jobs, and 50% of people don’t do productive work.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
What do you class as important and productive out of interest

Remove this Banner Ad

Back