Matthew Guy. Can a mediocre leader with a 3rd rate team win government?

Remove this Banner Ad

Jan 12, 2011
AFL Club
Collingwood
Told ya

FZWQVPqUsAAut09

Mick F

Mighty Snr
Dec 26, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood
(i) smart people don’t commit criminal acts.
(ii) if they did, no one would know.
(iii) dumb people can’t stop themselves from talking.

(i) smart people don’t commit criminal acts.
(ii) if they did, no one would know.
(iii) dumb people can’t stop themselves from talking.
So, so not true

Mick F

Mighty Snr
Dec 26, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood
So, so not true
If you can’t differentiate between avarice and intellect, cunning and guileless, you may be overestimating the number of smart acquaintances in your ‘circle’. Grifters aren’t high achievers.

Most criminals are caught because they can’t keep their mouths shut.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Aug 17, 2006
AFL Club
Geelong
I'm not sure the Vic ALP branch is any better really. Corruption all around.

Rightly or wrongly, I think things like branch stacking, the red shirts and even toxic working environment are seen as a bit ticky tack, "everyone does it" etc.

What appears to have happened in this instance effectively seems to be more like taking money and putting it in your pocket for who knows what favours in the future.

If the same story came out about Dan Andrews' office, he'd be toast, in my opinion.

If you can’t differentiate between avarice and intellect, cunning and guileless, you may be overestimating the number of smart acquaintances in your ‘circle’. Grifters aren’t high achievers.

Most criminals are caught because they can’t keep their mouths shut.
what complete horse s**t

you said smart people don't commit crimes

this just isn't remotely true, so much so you had to qualify it yourself

you said if they do they don't get caught

which, yeah again, false

dumb people can't stop themselves from talking
yeah, nah

people with ego have more trouble stopping themselves from talking

William Wonka

Jesus died for somebodies sins but not mine
May 28, 2016
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Rightly or wrongly, I think things like branch stacking, the red shirts and even toxic working environment are seen as a bit ticky tack, "everyone does it" etc.

What appears to have happened in this instance effectively seems to be more like taking money and putting it in your pocket for who knows what favours in the future.

If the same story came out about Dan Andrews' office, he'd be toast, in my opinion.
Exactly.
The below story involving high ranking Libs barely raised an eyebrow and it is a mix of Redshirts and Somyurek combined.

People sort of accept pollies bending rules to get elected but not putting their hand in the till or accepting bribes.

Jan 13, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Sydney
Not really, in a way he is saying that the whistle blower is more vengeance than integrity (as in doesn’t expect integrity from the lnp) I must admit I had hopes things would be different
That’s exactly what I’m saying. It would be hoped that the leak was driven by a frustration at this sort of behaviour but, depressingly, it is more likely driven by self interest.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back