Matthew Guy. Can a mediocre leader with a 3rd rate team win government?

Remove this Banner Ad

Marcel Proust

"Oohh WADA ooga booga" {Jul 11 2013}
Sep 6, 2018
#BigBigSound
AFL Club
Richmond
I can't believe this Guy ******* plonker is the best answer Victoria to evil Andrews.

1659947760407.png

Jascave

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 17, 2005
Sandringham
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Hampton Rovers
Serious question - who is the best Liberal in the entire country?
There isn't a best Liberal person in the country since the days of Howard and Kennett. The Liberal Party as we know it is now taken completely over by right wing people with their own agenda on how the state (and the nation) should be governed. The moderates within the party are now being shut out for good and would have to start thinking about forming a breakaway movement.

There isn't a best Liberal person in the country since the days of Howard and Kennett. The Liberal Party as we know it is now taken completely over by right wing people with their own agenda on how the state (and the nation) should be governed. The moderates within the party are now being shut out for good and would have to start thinking about forming a breakaway movement.
Dude Howard's dad was a member of the New Guard.
He's no moderate.
Kennett, lol, also not a moderate.

The difference was they were better at selling their s**t / lived in a time where they felt the need to hide.

RW politics globally right now is getting pretty brazen because they've figured out how to make it work

Marcel Proust

"Oohh WADA ooga booga" {Jul 11 2013}
Sep 6, 2018
#BigBigSound
AFL Club
Richmond
Dude Howard's dad was a member of the New Guard.
He's no moderate.
Kennett, lol, also not a moderate.

The difference was they were better at selling their s**t / lived in a time where they felt the need to hide.

RW politics globally right now is getting pretty brazen because they've figured out how to make it work

What's the new guard?

Doesn't sound good

fs88

Club Legend
Nov 3, 2011
Victoria
AFL Club
West Coast
Even with a softball interview he still manages to shipwreck himself and his credibility

such a whiny pos. what an absolute embarrassment, honestly Tim Smith would be a better option to lead at the moment because at least he doesn't pretend to be stupid.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Saint

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 1, 2006
Victoria
AFL Club
Essendon
sooooo .... who is the traitor?
I've said it plenty of times. As soon as they let all these religious nuts into positions of power, they're going to be infested with rats in the ranks.

You cannot trust religious people not to put their religion over everything else. And religious authorities can also convince underlings to do anything in the name of their religion, because they've been taught that since they were children.

I've no doubt this is another hit/takeover from the religious part of the party. They genuinely think there's a groundswell of latent support for their anti-gay anti-education anti-progress agenda if only they were hardline enough. I seriously don't think the Libs will come back from this religious takeover. Too many religious people lining up to join, too few non-nutters with money and common sense willing to put their hand up to support an anti-intellectual party.

Electorally, they should just appoint a nobody and let the focus shift to Andrews and healthcare. Instead this election is going to be a laugh about Guy losing again and the religious rump spouting outrageous crap because there's nothing stopping them, it's not like they stand a chance of winning.

The ALP are running to win an election, the Lib candidates are fighting for control of the Liberal Party. Making Guy lose by as much as possible while putting lots of religious nutters in the upper house. It's going to get worse before it gets better for the Libs. The 2026 election will be the religious nutters in charge. There's not really the prospect of a decent opposition party until 2030 at the earliest.

May 12, 2006
Lal Lal
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Elsternwick AFC
As would be expected, lot of love for democracy on here.

Strong "it's fine as long as I get a result I agree with" vibes.

Like:
Yet those electorates are one eyed and will still vote for them, similar to how Morrison, Joyce, Taylor etc kept their seats. This is where democracy doesn’t work and those imbeciles need to have the right to vote taken away from them.

Hopefully there will be more independents this election to shake things up and provide a contest.

Tests to get a vote? IQ 81 and you're in, under 80 and you're out? Wonderful. Extend that to freedom of speech and association too <sarcasm font off>.

I also reject the idea that people who vote a certain way are "fooled", but education leads to an obvious outcome. Tin foil hat stuff.

fs88

Club Legend
Nov 3, 2011
Victoria
AFL Club
West Coast
As would be expected, lot of love for democracy on here.

Strong "it's fine as long as I get a result I agree with" vibes.

Like:

Tests to get a vote? IQ 81 and you're in, under 80 and you're out? Wonderful. Extend that to freedom of speech and association too <sarcasm font off>.

I also reject the idea that people who vote a certain way are "fooled", but education leads to an obvious outcome. Tin foil hat stuff.

What would your solution be then for someone who has blown nearly half a trillion dollars and still gets to keep his job?

Vic Libs are pretty much out of options. Anybody who genuinely believes Dan Andrews is not going to win in a landslide is delusional.
I expect a solid Labor majority but with a bunch of new Greens/Independents as protest votes

May 12, 2006
Lal Lal
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Elsternwick AFC
What would your solution be then for someone who has blown nearly half a trillion dollars and still gets to keep his job?

Make the case to the electorate that someone else should be elected. I assume whoever it was who did what you accuse them of was in the Morrison Government. They used to be ministers but are not any longer. They did lose their jobs.

Our government should be chosen by the people. All of them, including everyone who isn't you, which means people who don't agree with you on absolutely everything. Then the government is accountable to the people. If an unelected body can remove someone from parliament, then that body is in charge - they run the show. People who do the wrong thing have to be held accountable by the electorate.

Turning it around to make my point - if the Victorian Liberal Party cannot win against Daniel Andrews, then the Victorian Liberal Party needs to get better. I certainly tried.

Oct 9, 2006
Left of centre.
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Super Tottenham....from the Lane.
I expect a solid Labor majority but with a bunch of new Greens/Independents as protest votes

This scenario will just weaken the Libs further. We have seen that Labor can work with the Greens/Independents.

The Libs have no interest in collaborative government. Dinosaur pricks.

This scenario will just weaken the Libs further. We have seen that Labor can work with the Greens/Independents.

Agreed. If say, 10 seats fell from the major parties, I suspect it'd be 7 falling from the LNP and 3 from the ALP

May 12, 2006
Lal Lal
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Elsternwick AFC

I think Daniel Andrews is a most reluctant collaborator. Others in his government would be better suited to working with a crossbench.

kalex6251

Club Legend
Nov 12, 2021
AFL Club
Collingwood
brighton 'new money' mounts take over vic libs - james newbury as leader ..... with rebecca judd as his COS ..... will run on a platform of prayer room snowcones for everyone

...... on an unrelated matter theres some good weed around at the moment :drunk::drunk::drunk::drunk::drunk::drunk::drunk::drunk::drunk:

[edit} ROFLMAO at FBI search warrant on trumps house

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back