Matthew Guy. Can a mediocre leader with a 3rd rate team win government?

Remove this Banner Ad

lurch has now thrown his 2 cents worth in the ring .... supporting the spivs morning attack :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Guy is ScoMo lite, and that's saying something
Like why would he even do this?

If there is one thing Australians demonstrably do not like, it is weird religious style extremism meshing with politics.

Like why would he even do this?

If there is one thing Australians demonstrably do not like, it is weird religious style extremism meshing with politics.
The same Peter Dutton who paints himself as a freedom-of-speech campaigner while suing a person for a tweet? That Peter Dutton? Perhaps they're just trying to win the religious vote by being outrageously hypocritical.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

soooooo ..... worksafe are investigating vic lib HQ over a website targeting staff and volunteers .... suspicions within the ranks that the website is being run by those on the hard right of the party to silence moderates

WorkSafe don't need to be "bought in" they can investigate of their own accord

I can't recall too many instances of a statutory authority deciding the launch an investigation on the basis of anonymous allegations made not directly to that statutory authority. Seems like they are looking for work to do, and there should be plenty just coming out of the aged care facilities at the heart of the 2nd wave.

I can't recall too many instances of a statutory authority deciding the launch an investigation on the basis of anonymous allegations made not directly to that statutory authority. Seems like they are looking for work to do, and there should be plenty just coming out of the aged care facilities at the heart of the 2nd wave.
Utter Bullshit, almost 50% of Investigations by WorkSafe are WorkSafe initiated

If that makes you feel happy about being a total doofus, then you stick to it

So we have Victorian Government Statutory Authorities, scouring the web for unfounded allegations made by people of unknown identity, and decide investigating these things (which, for all we know, may be authored by people overseas and have no basis in fact) is a worthwhile use of taxpayers' money?

If the allegation had been made anonymously but directly to WorkSafe, in a phone call or an email or even a tweet, then I could understand them taking it seriously.

If the allegation was made in a reputable media outlet with attribution, then I could also understand initiating an investigation.

But this is just made-up rubbish. Meanwhile in a workplace somewhere else, some 16 year old kid is probably being asked to do something dangerous while our key regulator is reading gossip.

Thanks for addressing my question though. You add so much to this thread you should be a mod.

So we have Victorian Government Statutory Authorities, scouring the web for unfounded allegations made by people of unknown identity, and decide investigating these things (which, for all we know, may be authored by people overseas and have no basis in fact) is a worthwhile use of taxpayers' money?

If the allegation had been made anonymously but directly to WorkSafe, in a phone call or an email or even a tweet, then I could understand them taking it seriously.

If the allegation was made in a reputable media outlet with attribution, then I could also understand initiating an investigation.

But this is just made-up rubbish. Meanwhile in a workplace somewhere else, some 16 year old kid is probably being asked to do something dangerous while our key regulator is reading gossip.

Thanks for addressing my question though. You add so much to this thread you should be a mod.
I'll give you two hints, but I suspect even they will leave you floundering, because I find you generally an ignorant person:

1. Incident Notification Regulations
2. WorkCover Claims Data with key words flagged

I'll give you two hints, but I suspect even they will leave you floundering, because I find you generally an ignorant person:

1. Incident Notification Regulations
2. WorkCover Claims Data with key words flagged
That's OK Jack, seems like you find almost everyone to be an ignorant person, so there's really no light and shade to that.

My mistake here is I missed the part where party members had directly contacted Work Safe and Victoria Police. Which means my commentary was based on a false assumption.

Now, don't go making commentary based on false assumptions, you hear?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back