Matthew Guy. Can a mediocre leader with a 3rd rate team win government?

Golden_6

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 15, 2014
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Chicago Bulls
Who's watching Sky that might be thinking of changing their vote from ALP to LNP? Zero people. Therefore Andrews stands to lose nothing.

If it were on ABC, you might move that number to greater than zero. Some ALP voters might see something about Andrews they don't like.

There are no non-LNP non-cookers watching Sky.

This way, the debate happens, it's reported on (which just blandly says what happened) and that's all that most people find out about the debate. Maybe some cookers/LNP change their minds, but none of the ALP voters do.
Unless of course you're the Herald Sun who have just put out another spectacularly poor front page.

Saint

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 1, 2006
Victoria
AFL Club
Essendon
Unless of course you're the Herald Sun who have just put out another spectacularly poor front page.
Is that the one where they bolster Andrews' chances by saying that Dutton is against him.

In other words, what most Victorians would call a ringing endorsement for any aspiring Victorian Premier.

I'm sitting on a train and i remember when everyone had a Hun in the morning (early 2000's) and people with the Age were annoying with all their paper folding. Then it was the Metro on the way home.

I can't remember the last time I saw a newspaper on a train now.

peetoo

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 10, 2022
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Is that the one where they bolster Andrews' chances by saying that Dutton is against him.

In other words, what most Victorians would call a ringing endorsement for any aspiring Victorian Premier.

I'm sitting on a train and i remember when everyone had a Hun in the morning (early 2000's) and people with the Age were annoying with all their paper folding. Then it was the Metro on the way home.

I can't remember the last time I saw a newspaper on a train now.

I once swapped pages on the age standing on a train, and as I refolded it, got some sitting down dudes head inside it 🙃

Not Important

never test the depth of water with both feet.
Oct 4, 2016
AFL Club
Richmond
What’s the logic between having this debate on Sky? I mean it’s a Pay TV Channel and we all know the types that actually watch this station.

Is it an ALP strategy to try and sway some voters they are usually no chance with? You’d think it would be better for the generally unengaged public for it to reach a wider audience.
yeah sure. labor strategy 2 go 2 sky. both party's have 2 agree. and anyone with the slightest political nous knows the preferred labor telecaster would be the a.b.c.

Sep 17, 2019
AFL Club
Richmond
liberals are running fake independents…

1669326126230.jpeg

Voted this morning.

Had to laugh. The volunteer handing out LNP how to vote cards was standing by himself about 15-20m away from the queues and where the rest of the volunteers from the other parties were standing. While I was there he probably would've only handed out about half a dozen cards, and that was only because the people he handed them to walked past him to get to the end of the queue. It was almost like he was embarrassed to be there.

nylexbandit

Premiership Player
Mar 17, 2009
AFL Club
Essendon
Voted this morning.

Had to laugh. The volunteer handing out LNP how to vote cards was standing by himself about 15-20m away from the queues and where the rest of the volunteers from the other parties were standing. While I was there he probably would've only handed out about half a dozen cards, and that was only because the people he handed them to walked past him to get to the end of the queue. It was almost like he was embarrassed to be there.
What electorate?

peetoo

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 10, 2022
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Voted this morning.

Camberwell high labor and lib standing together getting on well. Paid agency staff perhaps?

Aug 17, 2006
AFL Club
Geelong
Camberwell high labor and lib standing together getting on well. Paid agency staff perhaps?

I've done the odd how to vote shift over the years, filling in for a family member and it's always been respectful, friendly even.

I think you can definitely debate how necessary it is to provide this service when you could easily find the how to vote info on your phone, but it'd be a bit of a shame if there was too much hostility to continue this tradition. For me it's always been a good reminder that your political beliefs aren't everything and sometimes it's refreshing to have friends who have strongly opposed views to you.

Back