Matthew Guy. Can a mediocre leader with a 3rd rate team win government?

I think you could argue what % it should be or whether some of it could be accessed early to buy a house.
Companies again shouldn't be able to profit off it like they do.

The retail super funds have been shown to be leeches, they're actively damaging the supposed purpose of Super by taking large chunks from it

Oct 9, 2006
Left of centre.
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Super Tottenham....from the Lane.
Lol no.
When super came in they said it would impact wage growth. They pretend it doesn't now but it always has.

It's a percentage of your salary, they have to include the increase in super contributions when increasing wages, they have to allow for super rate increases as well.

If you think companies who do everything to maximise profits and minimise costs are going to ignore Super when calculating wages you're kidding yourself.

You are overstating the effect.

Why shouldn’t people who are able to fund their own retirement be asked to do so?

You return that money to the wage-earner and a basic law of economics says that they won’t save it, but will spend it. Unless there is a co-funded pension scheme that reduces the burden on government to solely fund an ageing population then you can say goodbye to the funding needed for essential public services.

Your anti-super stance eventually burdens the taxpayer even further up the track and will eventually mean that the very things needed to protect an older population (and indeed future generations) won’t be there.

Compulsory superannuation is perhaps the greatest policy introduced by any government in the last 40 years.

Oct 9, 2006
Left of centre.
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams

The retail super funds have been shown to be leeches, they're actively damaging the supposed purpose of Super by taking large chunks from it

This I agree with.

Retail super funds should be illegal. Shareholders should not be profiting off these funds.

This I agree with.

Retail super funds should be illegal. Shareholders should not be profiting off these funds.
No one should be profiting off it, but again neoliberalism doesn't care.

Also in no way is Super a better policy than Medicare was.

Oct 9, 2006
Left of centre.
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
I think you could argue what % it should be or whether some of it could be accessed early to buy a house.

But all that would do is drive house prices up.

Stamp duty is the biggest barrier to entry into the housing market. As are our ridiculous CGT rules and negative gearing rules that are weighed far too heavily in favour of the property investor.

Oct 9, 2006
Left of centre.
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
No one should be profiting off it, but again neoliberalism doesn't care.

Also in no way is Super a better policy than Medicare was.

Medicare in its truest form, yes fair enough.

Then the Tories decided to gut it and force us into for-profit private health funds.

I get your point. For those in retail products are there by choice or a genuine apathy.

But where do you draw the line on who can and cannot make a profit on essential/compulsory services.

Can we change the thread title as no one can be bothered commenting on the lobster. Except to mock him.

On SM-A515F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Oct 9, 2006
Left of centre.
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
I get your point. For those in retail products are there by choice or a genuine apathy.

But where do you draw the line on who can and cannot make a profit on essential/compulsory services.

Can we change the thread title as no one can be bothered commenting on the lobster. Except to mock him.

On SM-A515F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Matthew Guy is a campaigner. All Tories are campaigners.

Back on track now?

Frank Grimes

Premiership Player
May 8, 2007
between two bowling alley
AFL Club
Richmond
With an ageing population it is right that the taxpayer burden should be reduced.
I can see with an aging population the government is going have to eventually make a decision to either reduce the amount of pension it gives out to the elderly, increase the taxes of the workers or a bit of both.

This is why even 15 years ago it has been on my mind to get myself in a position where I don't need to rely on the pension.

Last edited:
Shouldn't the thread title be changed to Matt Guy now since he's changed his FB page to that name as well as using it in political advertising from now on?

Like that's going to help him come election time.

Shouldn't the thread title be changed to Matt Guy now since he's changed his FB page to that name as well as using it in political advertising from now on?

Well Dan's thread still says Daniel Andrews so eh

Has the same Morrison dubbing himself Scomo vibe to it.

This is the same idiot that proposed free Public Transport to healthcare workers yes?

But according to him you can't get a train to the hospital.

He must have missed The Austin that's next to Heidelberg or Monash a short distance from Clayton, Box Hill, Casey at Berwick

Last edited:

adogsfan5

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 12, 2020
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs

This is the same idiot that proposed free Public Transport to healthcare workers yes?

But according to him you can't get a train to the hospital.

He must have missed The Austin that's next to Heidelberg or Monash a short distance from Clayton, Box Hill, Casey at Berwick

Whether he’s a dud or not / like him or not, this is a pretty big play.

Back