Matthew Guy. Can a mediocre leader with a 3rd rate team win government?

Punt rd end

67🏆69🏆73🏆74🏆80🏆17🏆19🏆20🏆
Nov 25, 2015
Shane Warne Stand
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Richmond VFL Richmond VFLW AFLW
What an idiot! :roflv1:

Fcg1fhaaIAIPSz2

haha it made me think of this

What is going on with Tory education in this State. Just heard Georgie Crozier twice refer to the Queen's death as monumentous.
Don't blame the education system, the Vic Libs once considered Tim Smith a leader in waiting. That would indicate a very serious problem within the party and one which renders them unelectable until solved.

Johnny Bananas

Premiership Player Hater
Sep 10, 2010
Next door
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
I think redirecting funds away from SRL could be a vote winner, if the funds were redirected in the right way. The problem for Guy is that he's trying to fight a battle on health, an area that voters at state level trust Labor on much more (across all states, not just Victoria), because they haven't slashed health budgets in the past the way the Liberals have. Seeing as Guy already has issues with trust, voters have little reason to believe he'll deliver. At the same time, by diverting funding away from transport altogether, he makes it look like he doesn't care about it, which hands Labor the conclusive advantage for any voter who values transport.

The better move would have been to announce he would divert the SRL funding into electrifying the Melton and Wyndham Vale lines, and building extensions to Clyde and Wollert. The easiest path back to power for the Liberals is winning the outer suburbs, but they can't do that through bigotry and scare tactics alone, they need to address the biggest issues in those areas.

What is going on with Tory education in this State. Just heard Georgie Crozier twice refer to the Queen's death as monumentous.
Well they probably will have statues of the late queen hence making of monuments ie monumentous…
😁

Evolved1

Cancelled
10k Posts
Jun 14, 2013
AFL Club
Essendon
I think redirecting funds away from SRL could be a vote winner, if the funds were redirected in the right way. The problem for Guy is that he's trying to fight a battle on health, an area that voters at state level trust Labor on much more (across all states, not just Victoria), because they haven't slashed health budgets in the past the way the Liberals have. Seeing as Guy already has issues with trust, voters have little reason to believe he'll deliver. At the same time, by diverting funding away from transport altogether, he makes it look like he doesn't care about it, which hands Labor the conclusive advantage for any voter who values transport.

The better move would have been to announce he would divert the SRL funding into electrifying the Melton and Wyndham Vale lines, and building extensions to Clyde and Wollert. The easiest path back to power for the Liberals is winning the outer suburbs, but they can't do that through bigotry and scare tactics alone, they need to address the biggest issues in those areas.
Infrastructure build has been popular in Melbourne. The LNP isn't going to win by opposing popular policy, and their alternate proposal is amateurish. It's disappointing they can't even lay a finger on Dan when we've been the worst performing state during covid, with a government that has no interest in accountability or honesty.

Johnny Bananas

Premiership Player Hater
Sep 10, 2010
Next door
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Infrastructure build has been popular in Melbourne. The LNP isn't going to win by opposing popular policy, and their alternate proposal is amateurish. It's disappointing they can't even lay a finger on Dan when we've been the worst performing state during covid, with a government that has no interest in accountability or honesty.
I maintain opposing SRL can help political fortunes, but it'd have to be prosecuted by a skilled politician who can clearly and succinctly explain what the problem is and how their replacement plan would make things better. But Guy (and the Vic Libs as a whole) are nowhere near skilled enough to do so. You're right, their counter-proposal is amateurish.

I personally hope the entire party burns down and the Greens become the opposition, though that's probably unlikely to happen.

Not Important

never test the depth of water with both feet.
Oct 4, 2016
AFL Club
Richmond
I maintain opposing SRL can help political fortunes, but it'd have to be prosecuted by a skilled politician who can clearly and succinctly explain what the problem is and how their replacement plan would make things better. But Guy (and the Vic Libs as a whole) are nowhere near skilled enough to do so. You're right, their counter-proposal is amateurish.

I personally hope the entire party burns down and the Greens become the opposition, though that's probably unlikely to happen.
the greens r doing a pretty good job as the opposition now. both federally and in vic. they seem 2 oppose more than the libs.

Evolved1

Cancelled
10k Posts
Jun 14, 2013
AFL Club
Essendon

That might be for the best. There's very little accountability in politics without a viable opposition, which is what states like Victoria and WA are facing.

May 13, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Her interview was a complete cluster* yesterday.

Spent 10 minutes bleating about the public holiday for the Queen and how it makes things so hard and how there should be more planning and on and on and on whinging and moaning.

Then spent the next 10 minutes bleating on about how great the Queen was and how we have to acknowledge her passing and how a public holiday is perfectly appropriate.

Conservatives are complete idiots. The fact they are trying to beat Labor on health shows how few ideas they actually have.

Golden_6

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 15, 2014
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Chicago Bulls
Matthew Guy screeches about how he's going to fix "broken" ambulance system but has never actually spoken with Ambulance Union! 🤡

That’s actually astounding. Goes to show they don’t give two *s about actually fixing the issue and are solely using it for an election attack.

adogsfan5

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 12, 2020
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
That’s actually astounding. Goes to show they don’t give two *s about actually fixing the issue and are solely using it for an election attack.

It took the pandemic for me to start following politics more.

Were they all this bad pre-pandemic?

I haven’t come across people I despise this much in my life.

Back