Player Watch #21: Matthew Jefferson

Remove this Banner Ad

Maffew Jetherson diet starting tomorrow

homer simpson eating GIF

How many times have you seen Jefferson play? I'm guessing 0.

I understand the Weideman comparisons but end of 2018 everyone thought Weideman was going to take off. He didn't.
A11dAtP0w3R another #ATG to add to the collection

haha, TK: I'm sorry Jason, I don't like the pick you've just made. 'I've watched the 3 minutes highlights package on YouTube a few times and I just don't see it.' lol
So no point having an opinion including yours unless your Jason Taylor right? Good to know 😂

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The only thing that this kid should be thinking about for the next two years is getting a body then learning how to use it. 'Sticky hands' are useless if the only thing they're picking up is dirt off the ground after a contest.

For all the s**t Ben Brown cops he can halve a contest and get the ball to ground most of the time. This kid won't even be able to do that for a while.

I like the pick. I heard he’s out on 5kg recently. Will have some time to develop at Casey. Has sticky hands, can take the ball at his highest point and seems to have some skills when the ball hits the deck.

Not overly enamoured with his vic metro highlights which was apparently his best game. I actually liked his Oakleigh Chargers stuff more. Obviously weaker opposition but a little more work one-on-one and a couple of good leads. All his marks seem to be from positioning and good reading of the ball rather than strength. Best highlight was when he made the spoil and followed up with a great pick up below his knees at speed for a goal assist.

Not overly enamoured with his vic metro highlights which was apparently his best game. I actually liked his Oakleigh Chargers stuff more. Obviously weaker opposition but a little more work one-on-one and a couple of good leads. All his marks seem to be from positioning and good reading of the ball rather than strength. Best highlight was when he made the spoil and followed up with a great pick up below his knees at speed for a goal assist.

There is no denying he has some excellent ground level skills for his height.

Looks to have mastered marking the dump kick on his head. He may be ready sooner than we think.

Will probably kick bags at the Globetrotters then do nothing at AFL level as we bomb it to a pack with him, Gawn, JVR and Petty in the pocket.

The only thing that this kid should be thinking about for the next two years is getting a body then learning how to use it. 'Sticky hands' are useless if the only thing they're picking up is dirt off the ground after a contest.

For all the s**t Ben Brown cops he can halve a contest and get the ball to ground most of the time. This kid won't even be able to do that for a while.

Don't you know Jefferson (and even Danster himself!) are already better players than Brown. :rolleyes:

dropping simple marks and getting pushed aside with ease isn't 'halving a contest' or 'getting the ball to ground'. Halving a contest and getting the ball to ground is meant to be crashing through a pack, taking bodies with you and giving the crumbers a chance of collecting a ground ball. I love how the definition of 'getting the ball to ground' has changed from that to 'offering no physical presence, dropping marks and letting the key defender dictate all the play'.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back