Player Watch #21: Matthew Jefferson

Remove this Banner Ad

So we basically are banking on 2 undersized KPF for the next 10 years
This is the thing that worries me. JVR and Jefferson are both the same height and don't appear to offer much point of difference. JT didn't even seem that excited by the Jefferson pick tbh. It's like we felt like we had to take him due to the need more than the want. A good 3 years before we see if this pick looks decent enough. Hard to get excited by that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If the best available are mids in next years first round then you'll be looking at 2024 until we have a chance of getting a highly rated key forward :)
Or we trade for one, or who cares because you can win a premiership without an elite key forward

Lucky we did have one back in 2021 ... premiership legend and Demon for life Ben 'elite' Brown

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Brilliant snooker manoeuvre, either he admits Brown was elite or admits you don't need one.

Where bill Lawry with the gottem

Brilliant snooker manoeuvre, either he admits Brown was elite or admits you don't need one.

Where bill Lawry with the gottem
great logic there. why did he have to be elite? makes no sense what you just said. I've never liked Ben Brown since he walked into the club. I was expecting more. In my opinion, he was serviceable at best in 2021. In 2022, he was vfl reserves standard. So when I say we need more key forwards, I would take serviceable forwards. I never mentioned anything about needing elite forwards. Just an upgrade.

I've never liked Ben Brown since he walked into the club. I was expecting more.

Ive been harsh on Ben also but he was clearly playing with a banged up knee last year, hence offseason surgery. I think hell be much better this year without being a star. Hopefully something like his 2021 form, dont think hes ever going to get back to what he was.

If you want to s**t on anyone you should s**t on the club for trading for a player with knee issues.

I've never liked Ben Brown since he walked into the club.
This you?
Dude, you're spot on. It was a disappointing last quarter. And losing the 2nd half is terrible. We need to improve our offensive work. Hopefully brown helps with that. It was a terrible decision not to bring in Brown. I'd rather Brown playing sick, after a 10 hour flight, than Weideman because he played 1 decent game.

Ive been harsh on Ben also but he was clearly playing with a banged up knee last year, hence offseason surgery. I think hell be much better this year without being a star. Hopefully something like his 2021 form, dont think hes ever going to get back to what he was.

If you want to s**t on anyone you should s**t on the club for trading for a player with knee issues.
Just want it on the record that I didn't make this about Ben Brown. The Dr. did. But Ben Brown also had knee surgery I the 2021 pre-season. so it wasn't just 2022. I didn't have big issues with us bringing him in because we got him cheaply from a draft pick point of view and I did appreciate his accurate goal kicking but 2022 was so hard to watch in terms of his mobility and general lack of skill.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back