Remove this Banner Ad

Jun 6, 2011
Goonellebah
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
Islanders
Two points,

1) I've gone from thinking Kennedy would be the first to re-sign in 2017, to being quite pessimistic about our chances of keeping him. Fantastic guy and a great talent, so I don't begrudge him leaving given where we are at as a club, but boy, he's had a very good season.

2) If these rumours about needing a manic pressured small forward are true, I'd much rather take a shot at Jake Neade than Puopolo. As a defensive forward, there are not many better.

Sep 15, 2007
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Two points,

1) I've gone from thinking Kennedy would be the first to re-sign in 2017, to being quite pessimistic about our chances of keeping him. Fantastic guy and a great talent, so I don't begrudge him leaving given where we are at as a club, but boy, he's had a very good season.

2) If these rumours about needing a manic pressured small forward are true, I'd much rather take a shot at Jake Neade than Puopolo. As a defensive forward, there are not many better.

I still think Puop is a better, more manic defensive forward right now. That said, Neade is only 23. Much much more upside.

Jul 13, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Two points,

You are right. There are not many better. Poppy is one of them.

But as MasterSamurai said, I would rather we find a way to get Kennedy without trading Poppy. His final 2 games coming back from injury were fantastic.

Jun 6, 2011
Goonellebah
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
Islanders
You are right. There are not many better. Poppy is one of them.

But as MasterSamurai said, I would rather we find a way to get Kennedy without trading Poppy. His final 2 games coming back from injury were fantastic.
Defensively I prefer Neade, but he doesn't offer much offensively whereas Puopolo is signiificantly more versatile.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Chizzy

Debutant
Mar 11, 2016
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Yes the team that has no forward pressure needs Motlop. By the way the Puopolo to GWS deal was said to have been done in July. That doesn't mean Kennedy is involved. If he is you can assume that Hawthorn are paying the majority of Puopolo's contract which provides value greater than a like for like trade in terms of player value.
Wow people still going on about Puopolo? He ain't worth ****. Just shut up about him this is a Matthew Kennedy thread.
Hawks won't get Kennedy for Puopolo. I think Steven Motlop would have more interest to giants.

Yes the team that has no forward pressure needs Motlop. By the way the Puopolo to GWS deal was said to have been done in July. That doesn't mean Kennedy is involved. If he is you can assume that Hawthorn are paying the majority of Puopolo's contract which provides value greater than a like for like trade in terms of player value.
Nice.

Jun 11, 2007
Victoria
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Bayern, Milan, Boston Celtics
Makes a lot more sense than going after Stringer
Correct.
Stringer ups our fwd line talent.
Though i quite like what Begley has done with a handful of games for a first year player

But it's need #5 right now for me
1-Inside mid/clearance winner
2-Inside mid/tackling machine
3-HBF rebounder
4-KPF/Ruck
5-Fwd

would almost put a back pocket in there ahead of another forward

Remove this Banner Ad

Back