Senior 7. Matthew Kennedy

Remove this Banner Ad

GWS have the worst injury list going around. I'm interested to see what Kennedy goes like in a more professional environment.

The more I think about it, the more likely it is that Kennedy could have a break out season next year.

Kennedy and Cripps in the middle - that’s getting first use sorted. All we have to do now is work out what to do with it.

The Plow is evidence of that.
being told to run, run, run whilst in the rehab group (shoulder or wrist).
which eventually caused his hip problems.

Plow was told to run as much as the others and still less than the requirements for a fully fit Afl player. Gws did nothing wrong. Players have problem areas that can surface once they enter the highly rigorous Afl training regimes and then have to adjust. GWS didn't have time to adjust his training before we took him. His hip issues are still there at no fault of gws.

We helped Pickett get on the park as well. Was always injured in his 2 years at GWS.
Same with Marchbank we fixed him up until he got an impact shoulder injury this year.

I think Lamb came to us with injury issues as well...plus of course Sumner & Phillips.
Pickett had a lisfranc injury. Hardly the fault of gws and it just takes an incredibly long time to get back from. Often longer than acl depending on severity. Gws managed it fine.

Marchbanks injuries were all fairly random. Perhaps a consequence of being underdeveloped and playing a key position. Kind of unavoidable with a start up club.

GWS have the worst injury list going around. I'm interested to see what Kennedy goes like in a more professional environment.

The more I think about it, the more likely it is that Kennedy could have a break out season next year.
How is a club tied to the bottom of the ladder a more professional environment than Gws? Nothing statement. Both are professional and it looks like you're talking with high levels of supporter bias. Kennedy is now a third year pro so needs that break out year otherwise there may start to be questions asked. I'm completely confident he'll be fantastic though.

Can't find any highlights from his u18 years, as you normally do with players.
Only the draft trump vid and some riviera vid that he is in. Strange.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Plow was told to run as much as the others and still less than the requirements for a fully fit Afl player. Gws did nothing wrong. Players have problem areas that can surface once they enter the highly rigorous Afl training regimes and then have to adjust. GWS didn't have time to adjust his training before we took him. His hip issues are still there at no fault of gws.

Pickett had a lisfranc injury. Hardly the fault of gws and it just takes an incredibly long time to get back from. Often longer than acl depending on severity. Gws managed it fine.

Marchbanks injuries were all fairly random. Perhaps a consequence of being underdeveloped and playing a key position. Kind of unavoidable with a start up club.

How is a club tied to the bottom of the ladder a more professional environment than Gws? Nothing statement. Both are professional and it looks like you're talking with high levels of supporter bias. Kennedy is now a third year pro so needs that break out year otherwise there may start to be questions asked. I'm completely confident he'll be fantastic though.

Looks like you and I have different views on what happened.
Thats cool you believe what you want, I'll believe what I've been told.

Can't find any highlights from his u18 years, as you normally do with players.
Only the draft trump vid and some riviera vid that he is in. Strange.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
Injured most of the year

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I always feel a little guilty when we recruit kids away from their friends.

I think the considerate thing to do would be to recruit Perryman, Hopper and Himmelberg too....
I am worried about what we would pay for Perryman

So glad we picked Matty up. Won't ever win a brownlow but will leave nothing in the tank. Just has a great work ethic as does all of his family. If he can work on his set shots (used to miss a few he should get at gullie) and his body language, has a habit of bending over and grabbing his shorts while waiting for ball-ups makes him look tired all the time, he will be a great in and under player who can go forward and provide a third marking option. Played Full-forward one GF for gullie and he can get high and take a grab.

So glad we picked Matty up. Won't ever win a brownlow but will leave nothing in the tank. Just has a great work ethic as does all of his family. If he can work on his set shots (used to miss a few he should get at gullie) and his body language, has a habit of bending over and grabbing his shorts while waiting for ball-ups makes him look tired all the time, he will be a great in and under player who can go forward and provide a third marking option. Played Full-forward one GF for gullie and he can get high and take a grab.

His mate will playing in Blue next to him soon enough I reckon..;)

I recall someone else doing this, with a horrible look on the face to add to it...

I recall someone else doing this, with a horrible look on the face to add to it...

Am I remembering correctly that Bradley did this quite a bit?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back